You do not need elaborate planning and a large budget for a nice holiday. From wildlife and nature trails to dance villages and rustic experiences, it takes just a couple of hours on the road to get away from it all, albeit for a short road trip near Bangalore.
There are a plethora of destinations within 100 km from Bangalore city that will give you many reasons to go back. Here are some of the top recommendations for those who are planning one-day road trips from Bangalore.
Perfectly Balanced One-Day Road Trips From Bangalore
1. Grover Zampa Vineyards
At the foot of the Nandi Hills, you can visit the Grover Zampa Vineyards and get some insights into India’s burgeoning winemaking industry. A tour here would start at the crushing units where visitors can learn the end-to-end process of winemaking – from processing to bottling. Sample some of the signature wines at the tasting session in the air-conditioned cellar.
- Best Time to Visit: Grover Zampa vineyard is closed to visitors on Mondays. The vineyard tour is a year-round activity.
- Things to Do: Learn about the wine-making process and indulge in some tasting too.
- Distance from Bangalore: 9 km
Suggested to Read : Bangalore is Famous for
Hesaraghatta is one of the nearest choices if you are looking for road trips from Bangalore within 100 km. Avid bird watchers can look forward to sightings of species like kingfishers, egrets, mynahs and more.
Take your cycles along and explore the surrounding grasslands on two wheels. Another attraction nearby is Nrityagram, a School dedicated to Indian classical dance forms.
- Best Time to Visit: Hesaraghatta is an all-year destination. Keep in mind that monsoon conditions will restrict certain outdoor activities.
- Things to Do: Bird watching, sightseeing, photography, cycling
- Distance from Bangalore: 33 km
Also Read : Road Trip from Bangalore
Jutting out of the surrounding forest like an ancient behemoth, Savandurga is one of the largest monoliths in Asia and reaches an elevation of 1200 meters at its summit.
Shutterbugs will enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding plains including the Machinbele Dam. The trek up involves a climb up steep and bald rocky surfaces, which makes this experience a little tougher than the average hike.
- Best Time to Visit: The site is a year-round destination apart from the monsoons when conditions are very slippery, and visibility can be low. Morning visits are recommended.
- Things to Do: Trekking, sightseeing, photography
- Distance from Bangalore: 50 km
Also Check : Places to Visit near Bangalore
Ramanagara is one of Asia’s largest centers of the silk trade. Its rough, craggy terrain offers adventurers a chance to test their skills in various outdoor activities making it a prominent climbing destination in the region.
Wildlife enthusiasts would also love a visit here. Avian species you might encounter here include the long-billed vultures, a threatened species.
- Best Time to Visit: Winter is the ideal time to visit
- Things to Do: Adventure sports like rappelling, rock climbing and zip lining, nature hikes and bird watching.
- Distance from Bangalore: 50 km
5. Nandi Hills
When it comes to short road trips from Bangalore, Nandi Hills is arguably the most popular. Close to 1500 meters above sea level, this small range is just 62 kilometers away from Bangalore. Visitors adore Nandi Hills for the crisp mountain air and pleasant drive on winding roads.
Tipu Sultan’s hill fort is a main historical attraction here, and there are popular trekking trails around the place. Tipu’s Drop is a famous viewpoint in Nandi Hills. This location is also considered a bird-watching haven.
- Best Time to Visit: Nandi Hills, because of its mild weather, is an all-year destination. Outdoor activities are limited during the rainy season.
- Things to Do: Historical sites, treks, and hikes, cycling, bird watching.
- Distance from Bangalore: 60 km
Also Check : Things to do in Bangalore
From office getaways to family fun time, Kanakapura is one of the most convenient places for a day trip from Bangalore. There are many choices of resorts, each with specific themes.
Activities like swimming, paintball and nature walks are some of the many experiences you can enjoy. The Arkavathi River and surrounding areas provide a good stage for water sports and fishing.
- Best Time to Visit: Kanakapura is an all-year destination, with many choices of activities
- Things to Do: Trekking, sightseeing, paintball, swimming
- Distance from Bangalore: 62 km
This short but intense trekking destination is an ideal choice for a one-day road trip near Bangalore. A trek to the summit of Makalidurga would involve a trail along railway tracks through lush surroundings before the climb starts.
A hill-top temple and ruins of a fort add to the historic charm of the place. Views from the summit are spectacular as you can see the horizons far and wide. A lake at the foot of the hill is another added attraction.
- Best Time to Visit: Makalidurga is an all-year destination, but summer can be very uncomfortable. The monsoon restricts climbing activities.
- Things to Do: Rock climbing, Hiking, historical sites, sightseeing
- Distance from Bangalore: 65 km
Also Check : Bangalore to Pondicherry road trip
8. Antharagange Mountain
Experience some amateur spelunking or cave exploration at Antaragange Hill, located 67 kilometers away from Bangalore. Its rugged terrain is ripe for exploration and the evening views of nearby Kolar city add to the attraction of the place.
Antaragange is also an important spiritual site, home to the Sri Kashi Vishweshwara temple. Reaching the temple involves quite a climb, and one of the highlights here is the Nandi statue, or bull, with water flowing out of its mouth.
- Best Time to Visit: Avoid the monsoons if you want to trek. Summers are hot and dry, and winters are mild. Night treks and camping are becoming popular in the summer months.
- Things to Do: Sightseeing, trekking, cave exploration
- Distance from Bangalore: 68 km
Also Check : Road Trip from Bangalore to Goa
9. Kokkare Bellur Bird Sanctuary
KokkareBellur Bird Sanctuary is a picturesque habitat for many avian species including the spot-billed pelicans and the painted storks. Another unique cultural feature here is the utmost harmony in which the human dwellers of the region coexist with their feathered friends.
A lot of the birds are living in the midst of the villages, perched in trees. KokkareBellur provides a bird watching experience like no other.
- Best Time to Visit: December and January
- Things to Do: Bird watching, sightseeing
- Distance from Bangalore: 93 km
10. Mekedattu and Sangama
Dramatic riverine landscapes greet the adventurers who choose the twin destinations of Sangama and Mekedattu to explore. Sangama is the confluence of two great rivers, the Arkavathi and the Kaveri.
Mekedattu is a narrow gorge underneath which the raging currents flow. It is a great place to observe how river currents can shape a landscape. There is also a fishing camp nearby.
- Best Time to Visit: After the monsoon
- Things to Do: Sightseeing, photography, fishing
- Distance from Bangalore: 95 km
Also Read : Adventure places in Bangalore
11. Hogenakkal Falls
Marvel at the magnificent wide brim waterfalls, often referred to as the Niagara Falls of South India. Experience a coracle ride along the River Kaveri’s currents on the edge of the waterfalls.
There are also many natural bathing spots around the main falls. The thick forests around Hogenakkal Falls are habitat for Asiatic elephant and were once associated with being the hideout of the infamous forest brigand Veerappan.
- Best Time to Visit: October to March
- Things to Do: Boat rides, sightseeing, picnic
- Distance from Bangalore: 130 km
A nice experience in the outdoors does not have to involve a long road trip. Bangalore’s favourable location and its proximity to some of the most dramatic landscapes in Southern India makes it a perfect base for single-day adventures.
Choose your destination, call up your travel buddies and make some exciting weekend plans. Do share your story with us!
Book Treebo hotels in Bangalore for a stress-free stay experience.