Coorg, also known as Scotland of India, has all the elements and flavours that can charm anyone within no time. The plantation of coffee along with the large covered areas of greenery gives the place the needed charm for attracting the tourists. The number of landscapes, waterfalls and the vast collection of flora and fauna offer an amazing experience to its visitors. One can totally find the peace and relaxation for the mind that is needed to overcome the stressful life. These places to visit in Coorg is proof of that.
Things to Know Before You Visit Coorg:
- Airports Near Coorg: Mangalore International Airport
- Railway Station Near Coorg: Mysore Railway Station (120 km)
- Travel Recommendations: The city is well-connected to Mysore, Bangalore and Mangalore and you can take a bus to reach Coorg as there are no main railways stations in Coorg.
- Best Time to Visit Coorg: December to February
Book Budget Hotels in Coorg
There is no denying that Coorg has many places that can make the perfect destinations for the tourists but there are some which should not be missed at any cost.
15 Best Places to Visit in Coorg for All Tourists
1. Abbey Falls
These falls make one of the greatest attractions in Coorg. It is located in between the estates of spices and coffee plantations. The shilling winds around the place make it perfect for having a relaxing time and to release the stress of the daily routine.
The greenery surrounding the place enhances the beauty of the place to the maximum level. It is one of those places which attract the attention of every tourist. You can experience the best of nature’s beauty by visiting the place just after the monsoons.
- Attractions: Trekking, sightseeing, visiting the temple of Kali Mata, enjoying the beauty of nature, etc.
- Distance From City Centre: 5.5 Km
- Timings: 9 AM – 5 PM
2. Brahmagiri Peak
If you are a trekking fan, then this place is the perfect destination for you. This peak has a beautiful trekking route which covers grasslands, flora, and crystal clear water. The top of the peak gives an amazing view of nature and one can thoroughly enjoy the peaceful and relaxing surroundings.
The nearby wildlife sanctuary also includes some of the variety of animals like a jungle cat, spotted deer, lion, etc.
- Attractions: Trekking, enjoying and relaxing with nature’s beauty and clicking pictures from the top view of the peak
- Distance From City Centre: 108 Km
- Timings: 6 AM – 6 PM
- Entry Fee: INR 200 (Indians), INR 1,000 (Foreigners), INR 200 (Trekking), INR 500 (Guide)
3. Dubare Elephant Camp
This place is just perfect for all the animal lovers. You can visit the place and get close to the variety of elephants here. There are more than 150 types of elephants in this place which itself make a great attraction for the tourists.
Visiting the place opens a great exposure for the people to get to know more about these creatures. You can come across the various activities that are done daily for taking care of these elephants. Moreover, you can also take a ride on these big creatures and witness several other animals.
- Attractions: Vast varieties of elephants and riding an elephant
- Distance From City Centre: 36.5 Km
- Timings: 8.30 AM – 11 AM / 4.30 PM – 5.30 PM
- Entry Fee: INR 690 – INR 1330 (Indians), INR 1467 – INR 2270 (Foreigners)
Chettalli is a small Madikeri village that will give insights into the simple and normal living of the people of Coorg. You can witness the day to day activities that the local people of the place perform.
The amazing combination of greenery and misty hills delivers the best relaxation time to the people and tourists and thus attracts many people. You can get close to nature with the simplicity of this place. The gratitude and welcoming nature of the local people make it even more favourable to visit the place.
- Attractions: Witnessing the culture and living of local people of Coorg
- Distance From City Centre: 16.2 Km
5. Raja’s Seat
This is one of the most visited places in Coorg. Throughout the year many visitors and tourists visit this place to witness the mesmerising beauty of this place. This place is the perfect combination of spectacular views and relaxing surroundings.
The cotton-like clouds which can easily be seen in the sky enhance the beauty and make the entire scene look more majestic. If you visit in the right season, you can also witness the seasonal flowers which cannot be seen anywhere else. The early morning and evening visits are the best to this place.
- Attractions: Nature’s beauty and the scenic sunset
- Distance From City Centre: 1.5 Km
- Timings: 5:30 AM – 7:30 PM
- Timings of the Musical Fountain: 7:00 PM (Weekdays), 6:45 PM – 7:20 PM (Weekends)
- Entry Fee: INR 5 (Garden), INR 20 (Toy Train)
Also, Read: 13 Best Places to Visit in Coorg at Night
It won’t be wrong to say that this place is nothing less than a cultural delight for the tourists. The tourists and visitors who want to explore the cultural beauty of the place must head towards this place.
Golden temple and the Namdroling monastery are some of the attractions of this place which catches the attention of the people. Being India’s second-biggest settlement of Tibetan culture, this place has a Tibetan architecture. The annual festival of Losar is the best time to visit the place.
- Attractions: Experiencing the cultural beauty of Coorg, enjoying the festival of Losar, etc.
- Distance From City Centre: 40.7 Km
7. Mandalpatti View Point
For all the nature lovers, this place is nothing less than an ideal place. It offers the best of nature’s beauty which is just perfect to relax the person from inside out. It can be visited with the family for spending some awesome relaxing time with the loved ones.
Climbing up the mountains can give you the best of the scenic view of the place along with the vast greenery spread across the place. Trekking is one of the activities that attract the tourists as it offers one of the best routes.
- Attractions: Trekking, admiring nature’s beauty, clicking pictures, etc
- Distance From City Centre: 20.6 Km
- Timings: 6 AM – 6 PM
8. Iruppu Falls
This place is one of the most popular places in Coorg. Many tourists and people are attracted to the place due to its amazing view of nature’s beauty and the number of torrent’s rush. These falls are formed with a 60 feet plunge by the River Lakshmana Tirtha.
The plunge in the river causes some amazing torrents which add to the beauty of the place. However, you must be very careful while visiting the place as even a small mistake can be risky.
- Attractions: Admiring the beauty of the place and clicking pictures while relaxing with water’s gushing sound
- Distance From City Centre: 61 Km
- Timings: 6 AM – 6 PM
- Entry Fee: Rs. 60
Also, Read: 5 Best Street Food to Try in Coorg
9. Nagarhole National Park
If you love to explore the wildlife of different places then Coorg’s Nagarhole National Park would be the perfect destination for you. The national park is a dense jungle with a vast variety of animals.
The arrangements of river bank sight-lines give the tourist lifetime of experience and memory to cherish. This national park is also famous for a collection of more than 270 bird spices. It can be visited during different seasons for experiencing the different flavours of the place.
- Attractions: Bird watching, experiencing the various wildlife spices, etc
- Distance From City Centre: 91.7 Km
- Timings: 6:00 AM – 9:00 AM / 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM
- Entry Fee: INR 50 (Indians), INR 150 (Foreigners), INR 50 (Camera)
10. Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary
Famous for the vast collection of rare species of birds, this place is nothing less than a paradise for bird lovers. It offers an awesome variety of birds that cannot be found anywhere else and thus attracts a large number of tourists throughout the year.
This place is well-surrounded by Kukke Subramanya Forest and Bisle Reserve Forest which adds to the beauty and charm of the place. Talking about the beauty of the place, Abbe Waterfall and Mallalli Falls reflects the true beauty of the place to all its visitors.
- Attractions: Bird watching, admiring nature’s beauty, clicking pictures
- Distance From City Centre: 58 Km
- Timings: 7 AM – 6 PM
11. Nishani Motte
This place is not known to most of the tourists but makes the perfect place for trekking on the weekends. This place has an amazing trekking route which allows the visitors to get the best view of various wildlife animals like elephants, tigers, leopards, etc.
However, it is advisable to complete the trekking under the supervision of an expert for safety reasons. Apart from the residents of Coorg and worldwide tourists, this place is mostly visited by the people of Bangalore. Make sure you don’t miss the place on your trip.
- Attractions: Experiencing different wildlife species, trekking and enjoying nature’s beauty
- Distance From City Centre: 39.4 Km
- Trek Prices: INR 3000
12. Omkareshwara Temple
It is one of the oldest temples present in Coorg which was built in the 1820s. This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and has a beautiful and unique architecture which is enough for attracting the tourists from around the world.
The water-pool in the middle of the temple allows the visitors to witness the various colourful fishes. The temple offers blessed surroundings and a peaceful relaxation to the people and thus becomes one of the best-visited places in Coorg.
- Attractions: Admiring the unique architecture of the temple, relaxing in the blessed atmosphere, etc.
- Distance From City Centre: 1 Km
- Timings: Monday-Sunday (6:30 AM-12:00 PM & 5:00 PM-8:00PM)
Read More: 10 Best Shopping Places in Coorg
13. Cauvery Nisargadhama
It is one of the most beautiful islands which are located by the Cauvery River. This place which is a well-known tourist place in Coorg attracts many tourists and visitors from all around the world.
You can easily plan a picnic with your family members at this place for having a gala time with them. This island is surrounded by bamboo, teak and sandalwood trees. You can experience staying in the bamboo cottages and witnessing the beauty of nature.
- Attractions: Elephant rides, boating, admiring nature’s beauty from the bamboo cottages, etc
- Distance From City Centre: 39.7 Km
14. Barapole River
This river is also popularly known as the Kithu Kakathu River and is one of the most visited places in Coorg. Apart from the beauty of nature, this place is also one of the favourite spots of the tourists to enjoy the fun of river rafting.
Most of the people who love to experience the beauty of nature visit this place as it has some breath-taking and amazing views to offer. The peaceful surroundings, cold breeze and the fresh air around the place make it perfect for relaxing and enjoying with your loved ones.
- Attraction: River rafting, relaxing, clicking pictures, etc.
- Distance From City Centre: 80 km
- Timings: 9 AM – 3 PM (For rafting)
- Entry Fee: An average cost of rafting may range from INR 1200 to 1500
Read More: A Complete Guide to River Rafting in Coorg
15. Mallalli Falls
These falls are located in the foothills of the Pushpagiri Hills and this is one of the most popular and visited falls by the tourists and visitors. The people who visit the Pushpagiri Hills cannot miss visiting these falls as these falls catch the attention of the people within an instant of time.
The beautiful and amazing view and the mesmerizing magnificent beauty of the falls will certainly make you fall in love with the place. The place gets even more beautiful when visited during the monsoon season.
- Attractions: Trekking, nature’s walk, admiring nature’s beauty
- Distance From City Centre: 53 Km
- Timings: 7:00 AM-7:30 PM
These are some of the famous places to visit in Coorg make sure to add all these places when you are planning a trip to Coorg. All these places have their unique attractions and thus are very popular amongst the tourists.
Feel free for sharing your experience after visiting the following places. Comment on the section below for the things that you liked the most when you visit these places. We would love to hear from you all the stories of your experience while visiting Coorg.
Book Treebo hotels in Coorg and get 100% guaranteed quality stay.
Frequently Asked Questions About Places to Visit in Coorg:
What are the top 10 places to visit in Coorg?
The 10 best places to visit in Coorg are Abbey Falls, Mercara Gold Estate Coffee Plantation, Omkareshwar Temple, Madikeri Fort, Harangi Dam, Raja’s Seat, Coffee Plantation Visit, Dubare Elephant Camp, Tadiandamol Trek, and Barpole River Rafting.
What are the places to visit in Coorg in December?
In December, the temperatures in Coorg will be between 8 to 10-degree Celcius. It can be the best winter escape and you can enjoy a memorable vacation in Coorg in December. You can check out Raja’s Seat, Nishargadhama, Abbey Falls, Tadiandamol Peak, Dubare Elephant Camp, Kushalnagar, and Tibetan Golden Temple.
What are the places to visit in Coorg for couples?
The most romantic places in Coorg are Mandalpatti, Iruppu Falls, Raja’s Seat, Chelavara Falls, Dubare Elephant Camp, and Nisargadhama Forest.
What are the places to visit in Coorg in April?
In April, the weather in Coorg is pleasant and you can visit Abbey Falls, Raja’s Seat, Tadiandamol Peak, Kumara Parvatha Trek, Nishani Motte, Barapole River, Dubare Elephant Camp, Mallalli Falls, Kote Betta Hill, Chelavara Falls, Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary, and many more.
What are the places to visit in Coorg in 2 days?
In 2 days, you can enjoy some beautiful sights, varied wildlife world-class coffee, and enjoy a trek.