The best part of the week is the weekend and the best part of weekends are the weekend getaways! Agree? Sure, you do! The coronavirus pandemic and lockdown has forced us to stay indoors and work from home, but with phased unlock process, stepping out safely is now the new normal. Thanks to our incredible India, there are a number of amazing destinations close to the top Indian cities for a relaxing weekend getaway.
Here’s a complete list of 12 amazing weekend getaways from top cities in India that you can visit and spend some relaxed time.
Best Weekend Getaways from Delhi
A royal city with magnificent forts, palaces and innumerable man-made lakes, Udaipur is a perfect weekend getaway from Delhi to chill and relax. You can enjoy watching sunsets from the forts or palaces, going on boat rides on the vast lakes, exploring the opulent City Palace or Vintage Car Museum and relishing some authentic Rajasthani street food in Udaipur, never actually wanting to head back home! Such is the charm and magic of this city. Plan a safe weekend trip and book a safe stay with Treebo Hotels in Udaipur now!
- Distance from Delhi to Udaipur: 660km
- Best time to visit Udaipur: September to March
- Places to see in Udaipur: Lake Pichola, City Palace, Fateh Sagar Lake, Vintage Car Museum
- Best shopping places in Udaipur: Bada Bazaar, Mochiwada Bazaar, Hathi Pol Bazaar
- Things to do in Udaipur: Romantic boat rides, luxurious stay at Taj Lake Palace, heritage walk
Jaisalmer, which means Hill Fort of Jaisal, majestically stands on the ridge of golden yellow sandstone housing magnificent forts, lakes, and palaces, and is another exciting weekend getaway from Delhi. Shimmering in the golden hue owing to the yellow sandstone used in building forts and the town itself, Jaisalmer is rightly called the Golden City of India. Plan a short getaway to this destination and enjoy a safe stay with Treebo hotels in Jaisalmer.
- Distance from Delhi to Jaisalmer: 756km
- Best time to visit Jaisalmer: November to March
- Places to see in Jaisalmer: Jaisalmer Fort, Gadi Sagar, Heritage Museum
- Best shopping places in Jaisalmer: Sadar Bazaar, Sonaron ka Baas, Manak Chowk
- Things to do in Jaisalmer: Visit the forts, explore the desert national park, shop at various bazaars
Need an awesome destination from Delhi for an impromptu and a quick weekend trip? Try Jodhpur for a change and thank us later! The Blue City is as charming and magical as other cities in Rajasthan and offers you a number of options to spend your weekend here. Book yourself a nice and cosy room in Treebo hotels in Jodhpur and spend your time touring the majestic forts, beautiful gardens, museums, lakes and palaces in the city.
- Distance from Delhi to Jodhpur: 619km
- Best time to visit Jodhpur: October to March
- Places to see in Jodhpur: Kalyana Lake, Arna Jharna Desert Museum, Mehrangarh Fort
One of the most sought-after weekend getaways from Delhi, Rishikesh is the destination where you can enjoy the best of both worlds – try adrenaline-pumping adventure sports or soak in the tranquillity and serenity visiting the various temples here. Whatever you choose, Rishikesh will ensure to keep you engaged and entertained! Book a safe stay protected by Treebo Hygiene Shield in Treebo hotels in Rishikesh for a stress-free stay!
- Distance from Delhi to Rishikesh: 240km
- Best time to visit Rishikesh: September to November; March to May;
- Places to see in Rishikesh: Laxman Jhula, Neelkanth Mahadev Temple, Triveni Ghat
- Best shopping places in Rishikesh: Laxman Jhula Market, Shyampur Haat Bazaar, Gole Market
- Things to do in Rishikesh: River rafting, bungee jumping, visiting temples
Top Weekend Getaways From Mumbai
Up for exploring a city seeped in history for a weekend getaway? Well, Satara is your place to go. Apart from the rich history, Satara is also famous for the seven hills surrounding it (which is why it is named Satara), namely Sajjangad, Ajinkyatara, Jarandeshwar, Yawateshwar, Kitlichadongar, Nakdichadongar, and PedhyachaBhairoba. A perfect family weekend getaway from Mumbai, Satara offers you everything from museums, temples, lakes, falls to forts and incredible viewpoints.
- Distance from Mumbai to Satara: 255km
- Best time to visit Satara: November to February
- Places to see in Satara: Kaas Lake, Pratapgarh Fort, Lingmala Falls
- Things to do in Satara: Vasota Fort trekking, visit the lakes and museums, explore the Kaas Plateau
Book a comfortable and safe stay with Treebo hotels in Satara.
Land of mystical hills, fresh strawberries, lush greenery and picturesque surroundings is how one would describe Mahabaleshwar. Undoubtedly one of the most amazing weekend getaways from Mumbai, Mahabaleshwar is as attractive for romantic getaways for couples as it is for family trips. Book a safe and hygienic stay in Treebo hotels in Mahabaleshwar and explore the various points, gardens, falls and forts located here.
- Distance from Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar: 263km
- Best time to visit Mahabaleshwar: March to June
- Places to see in Mahabaleshwar: Lodwick Point, Lingmala Waterfalls, Pratapgarh Fort
- Best shopping places in Mahabaleshwar: Mapro Garden, Mahabaleshwar Vegetable and Fruit Market, Indo Kashmir Collection
- Things to do in Mahabaleshwar: Eat and shop at Mapro Garden, visit the beautiful temples, visit the lakes and cascading waterfalls
Lonavala provides you with the respite you need from fast-paced and busy cities like Mumbai and Pune. beautiful landscape, amazing weather, serenity and lush greenery of Lonavala attracts couples who plan a quick romantic weekend trip here or even families that wish to enjoy a short vacation in someplace away from the chaos of the city. You blend with nature and its incredible beauty while holidaying here and are transported to a world with less chaos and more peace! Book Treebo hotels in Lonavala and enjoy a safe stay here.
- Distance from Mumbai to Lonavala: 95km
- Best time to visit Lonavala: October to February
- Places to see in Lonavala: Rajmachi Fort, Tiger’s Leap, Karla Caves
- Things to do in Lonavala: Enjoy the beauty of Tiger’s Leap, trek to Rajmachi Fort, visit the Lonavala Lake and enjoy the sunset from Lion’s Point
Amazing Weekend Getaways from Chennai
A charismatic city of temples in Tamil Nadu, Madurai is a quick weekend getaway from Chennai and an astounding destination to enjoy solace and peace in the innumerable temples dotting the city. Soaked in art and architecture evident in the various architectural wonders here, this city is perfect for a nice and short family vacation or for those who love to backpack to historic cities. Witness the vibrant culture of Tamilians, enjoy mouthfuls of delicious South Indian food and take a tour of this temple city as much as you like. Book a safe stay with Treebo hotels in Madurai for a stressfree and relaxed vacay!
- Distance from Chennai to Madurai: 462km
- Best time to visit Madurai: December to February
- Places to see in Madurai: Meenakshi Amman Temple, Vandiyur Mariamman Temple, Vaigai Dam
- Things to do in Madurai: Shop till you drop in Puthu Mandapam, revel in the incredible architecture, murals and paintings of Meenakshi Temple
A laidback beach paradise of South India, Pondicherry is indeed an amazing girls weekend getaway from Chennai. Located just a 3-hour drive away from Chennai, this small yet incredible destination is a favourite among youngsters, couples and old people. From peaceful and tranquil ashrams, beautiful temples, churches to gorgeous beaches, Pondicherry offers everything you need to take a break from the city life and enjoy some much-needed “me time”.
- Distance from Chennai to Pondicherry: 151km
- Best time to visit Pondicherry: October to March
- Places to see in Pondicherry: Paradise Beach, Auroville, Cafes in Pondicherry, Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- Things to do in Pondicherry: Scuba diving, cycling the city, relishing street food in Pondicherry
Best Weekend Getaway from Kolkata
The holy city of Varanasi houses one of the Jyotirlingas in India and is renowned for its culture, silk and muslin fabric, sculpture, ivory works and perfumes. An excellent weekend getaway from Kolkata in case you wish to enjoy a long drive, Varanasi is a must-visit destination for all history buffs and temple lovers. Take a dip in the holy waters of Ganga, enjoy the scintillating evening aarti and visit the numerous temples and ghats in the city for a truly spiritual experience. Book Treebo hotels in Varanasi for a stress-free, safe and budget-friendly stay.
- Distance from Kolkata to Varanasi: 675km
- Best time to visit Varanasi: November to February
- Places to see in Varanasi: Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Manikarnika Ghat, Assi Ghat, Dhameskh Stupa
- Things to do in Varanasi: Attend the evening Ganga aarti, take a dip in the holy waters of the Ganges, visit the various temples in this city
Best Weekend Getaways from Bangalore
Plan a romantic weekend getaway to Coorg and escape from the busy, hectic and noisy city life of Bangalore. From aromatic coffee, delicious chocolates to incredible Kodagu food, you can treat your taste buds in Coorg and also enjoy exploring the various tourist places over here. Choose Treebo hotels in Coorg for a peaceful and safe stay while you enjoy your weekend getaway.
- Distance from Bangalore to Coorg: 268km
- Best time to visit Coorg: June to September
- Places to see in Coorg: Abbey Falls, Namdroling Monastery, Omkareshwar Temple
- Shopping places in Coorg: Friday Market, Flea Market, Coor Jewellery shop
- Things to do in Coorg: River rafting, camping, shop for coffee, chocolates and spices
Enjoy a girls weekend getaway or romantic getaway to the queen of hill stations near Bangalore – Munnar. The misty hills surrounding numerous tea estates, the soothing weather and the rustic beauty of the landscape, in general, attracts many to Munnar. If you yearn to take a break from your boring work-from-home schedule and just chill in a nearby hill station, Munnar is the perfect place to be. Choose Treebo hotels in Munnar for a safe stay and the best amenities.
- Distance from Bangalore to Munnar: 458km
- Best time to visit Munnar: December to February
- Places to see in Munnar: Eravikulam National Park, Mattupetty Dam, Anamudi, tea museum
- Shopping places in Munnar: Kanan Devan Hill Plantations, Green Land Spices Super Market, Aranya Naturals
- Things to do in Munnar: enjoy a treehouse stay, take a tour of tea estates, trekking and camping
Here’s our list of the 12 amazing weekend getaways from top cities in India that you must visit this year. Enjoy a safe trip and a safe stay in Treebo and let us know your experiences in the comments section.