Bangalore had been known as the Garden city for a long time before globalization transformed it into the Silicon Valley of India. It is now a vibrant city, bursting with life, modernization and of course the techies.
It still has the gardens and monuments, but it also offers all things new and exciting that urbanization has to offer, like no other place in India. These honeymoon places near Bangalore is definitely the way to go!
20 Honeymoon Places Near Bangalore to Make You Fall a Little More in Love
Places within 100 kilometers- quick getaways for some time together
1. Kanakapura Nature Camp
This nature camp is just 55 km from Bangalore and attracts a lot of adventure junkies, so definitely head on there if you are one. It is set in the Banantimari State Forest area near the beautiful Hosadoddi lake.
- Things to do: Camping in the wilderness, trekking in the Banathimari hills, kayaking, canoeing, rappelling in the adjoining lake
- Best time to visit: Camp is open throughout the year but the ideal time to visit is post-monsoon
2. Nandi Hills
Nandi hill is a picturesque ancient fortress in the Chikkabalapur district that would capture the heart of any nature lover, making it one of their favored honeymoon destinations near Bangalore.
A drive to the hills, which are just 68 km away from Bangalore, to witness the beautiful sunrise and the stunning scenery that surrounds the hills is a must on any travelers list. Activities to enjoy here include paragliding and cycling along the terrain
- Places to visit: Amrit Sarovar, Tipu Sultan’s fort, Tipu’s drop, the Yoga Nandeswara temple.
- Best time to visit: March-May, June- August, and September
Suggested to Read : Places to Hangout in Bangalore
Kolar, the erstwhile capital of the Ganga Kingdom, is just 72 km away from Bangalore and makes for an easy romantic getaway. Kolar boasts of monuments and temples that are proud reminders of a bygone era, such as the Someshwara temple with its attractive individual stucco figures of SaptaMaitrikas.
- Places to visit: Kolaramma temple, Someshwara temple, Makbabra which house the graves of Haider Ali’s relatives
- Things to do: Trekking in the hills overlooking the Kolar, and shopping for the famous country blanket (kambili)
4. Bheemeshwari Forest
The Bheemeshawari Forests is one of the honeymoon destinations near Bangalore, located just 100 km away from it, and is an ideal spot for the couples who wish to spend time together to reconnect with nature and each other. The river Kaveri runs through the forest. Only a part of the valley is open for visitors, who need prior permission to do so.
- Things to do: Adventure sports, such as kayaking, rope walking, and rafting. There are also facilities for fishing and camping along the riverside.
- Best Time to visit: August – February
- Getting there: The nearest railway station is in Bangalore, and buses regularly ply to the destination
Also read : Water Parks in Bangalore
Places within 300 Kilometres: Steal a few days away
5. Majestic Mysore
Mysore, situated 140 km away from Bangalore, has always been famous for its palaces, royal heritage, historical significance (who hasn’t heard of the legend of Tipu Sultan), silk saris and sandalwood. When in Mysore you will be spoiled for options, for places to visit.
- Places to visit: Mysore Palace, Jaganmohan Palace, Chamundi hills Devaraja market, temples and art museums.
- Best time to visit: Visits can be planned throughout the year. Therefore it is a good choice for honeymoon destinations near Bangalore.
Shravanabelagola is a Jain bastion, just 142 km away from Bangalore, which boasts of Asia’s tallest monolithic statue. Situated atop the Vindhyagiri hills, stands the 52 feet tall statue of Bahubali overlooking the vast expanse of scenic land that sprawls below it.
- Things to do: Visit the Jain basadis around the Vindhyagiri hills, pick up some metal souvenirs, try to witness the once in twelve years Mastakabhisheka ceremony that happens here, undertake the golden triangle pilgrimage from Belur to Halebeedu to Shravanabelagola
- Best time to visit: All year round
Halebeedu, a town in the Hassan district, was the regional capital of the Hoysala Empire 214 kilometers from Bangalore. Today, the Hoysaleshwara Temple, though the sole survivor of all the grandeur that once was, hitherto the plunder of successive invaders, still tells a mean tale. This place is also a part of the golden triangle pilgrimage from Belur to Halebeedu to Shravanabelagola.
- Places to visit: Check out the museum within the Hoysaleshwara Temple premises. The Sri Ranganatha Temple has a reclining figure of Vishnu on the serpent. Anantha has interesting carvings. The Veeranarayana Temple in Belawadi (10km north-west of Halebeedu) has one of the most renowned resident deities, over 152 distinct pillars and is largely intact.
- Best time to visit: October-March
Also check : Places to Visit near Bangalore
Kabini is one of the most popular wildlife destinations in Karnataka; it charms the traveler’s hearts with its lush green landscapes, picturesque lake and large herds of elephants. Kabini is a favored spot for wildlife enthusiasts and photographers because of the sightings of wildlife.
Here one can just relax, go on nature trail walks, birdwatch or go in search of exotic flora and fauna. Kabini is 216 km away from Bangalore.
- Places to visit: The Kabini dam, the Kabini river lodge, the Nagarhole National Park.
- Best time to visit: November to January to spot wildlife and July to October for the greenery.
9. Bandipur National Park
Bandipur National park, 220 km from Bangalore, is an ideal honeymoon location for couples seeking to lose themselves in the wilderness that the place has to offer. Spend some time together, trying to spot some wild beasts or just listen to the numerous birds that frequent this area.
This national park is home to bison, crocodiles, spotted deer, sambar deer, pythons, sloth bears, porcupines, and monkeys.
- Things to do: Take an elephant safari to the heart of the forest, click pictures a.k.a. wildlife photography, go trekking, go fishing at the nearby Cauvery Fishing Camp
- Best time to visit: May-June, September-November
Chikmagalur is a hill station in the district of Chikmagalur,243 km from Bangalore, located in the foothills of Mullayanagiri range, the town with its favorable climate and coffee estates attracts a lot of tourists.
The Mullayanagiri range, the highest peak in Karnataka, is covered by grasslands and offers a peaceful ambiance to soothe the soul. It also offers trekking opportunities.
- Places to visit: Kudremukh National Park, Badra Wildlife Sanctuary and Kemmangundi hill station and retreat. For the adventure enthusiasts, there are rafting opportunities in the Bhadra river.
- Best time to visit: September to March
Also check : Things to do in Bangalore
11. Coorg: Scotland of India
Coorg, located 249 km from Bangalore, will have you falling in love with nature and your significant other again and again, making it one of the best honeymoon places near Bangalore. The expansive greenery of the coffee plantations, the mesmerizing waterfalls and the diversity of flora and fauna all work its magic on the traveller.
- Places to visit: Abbey falls, Iruppu falls, Raja’s Seat, Nagarhole National park, Dubare Elephants camp Bylakuppe, the second largest Tibetan settlement in India, and the Namdroling Monastery built in Tibetan style.
- Best time to visit: November to March
Also Check : Bangalore to Coorg Road Trip
Shimoga is a city in Karnataka, 284 km from Bangalore, on the banks of river Tunga. Being the gateway to the hilly region of Western Ghats it is referred to as the “Gateway of Malnad”.
- Places to visit: The Tunga Dam, the elephant camp, SakkareBayalu, and Jog falls,
- Best time to visit: July – September
Place under 600 Kilometres- For long getaways
If you enjoy spectacular sunsets, sparkling streams, verdant village vistas, and an untouched rustic ambiance, Agumbe is the place for you. Situated in Shimoga district, 357 kilometers from Bangalore Agumbe and its environs are full of exciting trekking routes. Agumbe is also known as the Cherrapunji of South India.
- Places to visit: Forested trails lead from here to a jungle pond called EmkalKere, a hillock called NishaniGudda, and to BarkanaFalls.Also, stop by the 14th-century temple with Hoysala-style sculptures dedicated to Lord Gopalakrishnan. The sunset as seen from Agumbe is a spectacular sight
- Best time to visit: Between November and January.
Also Check : Picnic Spots near Bangalore
Hampi is an ancient village, 363 km away from Bangalore, dotted with magnificent ruins that have attracted travelers to it for ages. This is the perfect spot for the couples who wish to soak up in the cultural and architectural feast, that Hampi is.
There are a lot of tourist hotspots here, but the most prominent is the unfinished Vittala Temple among the ruins, which boasts of spell bounding sculptural works.
- Places to visit: The Hampi bazaar, the Virupaksha temple, Sule Bazaar, the elephant stables, Zenana enclosure, Nandi statue and much more.
- Best time to visit: October to March
The quiet coastal town, which is 371 Km away from the capital city has some beautiful treats up its sleeves. It has an off the beaten path feel and the spicy seafood here is sensational. These are the reasons that make Mangalore one of the best Honeymoon Places near Bangalore.
- Places to visit: St. Aloysius College Chapel, the MilagresChruch, Ullal beach, Sultan Battery.
- Best time to visit: December to February
Also Visit : Camping near bangalore
Udipi has situated 406 km from Bangalore and has a selection of beaches and temples to visit. It is connected by road and rail (Konkan railways). The nearest airport is Bajpe Airport at Mangalore
- Places to visit: Sri Krishna Temple during the Paryaya festival, Anegude Vinayaka Temple, Anateshwara temple, beaches here such as Kapu, Mattu.kodi and Polipu beach. The Hasta Shilpa heritage village where 26 heritage buildings have been restored to their former glory is worth a visit too.
- Best time to visit: October–March
Suggested to Read : Beaches near Bangalore
These twin towns set in the same municipality are approximately 410 km away from Bangalore. While Dharwad acts as the administrative center, Hubli is an emerging commercial hub also known as small Mumbai.
- Places to visit: Chandramouleshwara temple, Banashankari temple, Nruptunga hill, Indira Gandhi Glasshouse garden, Utsav rock garden
- Best time to visit: October-February
Badami, which was once the regal capital of the Badami Chalukyas,480 km from Bangalore, is now famous for its rock cut structural temples. It is located in a ravine at the foot of a rugged outcrop that surrounds Agastya lake. Spend time walking among the ruins of one of the preferred places near Bangalore for a honeymoon.
- Places to visit: The Archeological Museum of Badami, Agastya lake, and many more historical artifacts, monuments, sculptures and carvings that adorn the ancient city of Badami
- Best Time to Visit: July to March
Also Read : Places to Hangout with Friends in Bangalore
Gokarna, a sleepy brahmin town with its open beaches, hidden coves, jagged cliffs and tranquil sunsets is one of the ideal places near Bangalore for a honeymoon, for those looking to lay back on the sands and give their body and mind a stress detox.
Here the pace is the one you set, chill on the sand or go surfing, climb up the cliffs or look for the coves. It located is 515 km away from Bangalore.
- Places to visit: The Om beach with its Om shaped shoreline, Kudle beach, Paradise beach, Half moon beach and the Gokarna Beach.
- Best time to visit: October to March
Gulbarga is a historically rich region, with some architectural delights. The largest collection of Islamic art is seen here at the 14th-century tomb of Syed Shah QhabulullahHusyani.Its domed ceiling and walls are adorned with paintings containing calligraphy designs and floral and geometric patterns made of natural colors. There are many such Indo –Saracenic monuments here. It is 600 km away from Bangalore.
- Places to visit: Khwaja Bande Nawaz Darga, Gulbarga fort, SharanaBasaweshwara temple, Haft Gumbaz tomb
- Best time to visit: October-January
The city of Bangalore is indeed an exciting place to be. It offers a lot of options within, to spend your leisure time, but travelling has its pleasures. Are you tempted to take off to one of these (or all of them!) amazing locales around Bangalore. Or have you already travelled to one of them with your loved ones? Comment and share your experience with us!
Book Treebo hotels in Bangalore for a pleasant stay.