Without a doubt; Jaipur is a glorious city and it is the capital wherein most tourists to Rajasthan State; touch base. However; there is so much more to the Jaipur vacation experience.
Bearing in mind that this city is well connected to most of Rajasthan and heartland India; weekend getaways from Jaipur to other regions within and outside Rajasthan could very well add to your holiday experience.
20 Handpicked Weekend Getaways From Jaipur
Listed below are 20 amazing destinations within Rajasthan and beyond which make for great weekend getaways near Jaipur. Read further to know more.
Shekhawati is a historical region in the northeast part of Rajasthan. Known for its grand “havelis” or regional style bungalows; Shekhawati is a human settlement in the semi-arid Thar Desert that dates back to before the 17th century.
- Distance from Jaipur: 113 km
- Things to Do: Enjoy sightseeing around Sikar, Churu, and Nawalgarh in Shekhawati with its forts, havelis, and palaces.
One of the major cities in Rajasthan; Ajmer often features as an obvious choice for a weekend getaway near Jaipur. This city was established by a Chauhan ruler and was the capital of the Chauhan kingdom in the 12th Century CE. Today Ajmer is considered a heritage city for its historical relevance.
- Distance from Jaipur: 132.0 km
- Things to Do: While in Ajmer visit the holy Ajmer Sharif, Adhai Din Ka Jhopra Mosque, and Nareli Jain Temple
Pushkar town in Ajmer district is yet another example of places to visit near Jaipur on weekends. This little town is an important pilgrimage site for Sikh and Hindu devotees from all over the country and the world.
- Distance from Jaipur: 146.5 km
- Things to Do: Prioritize visits to the Brahma Temple built in the 14th Century, beautiful Pushkar Lake and Pushkar Cattle Fair
Alwar (Formerly Ulwar); is an important city in the NCR region. Alwar is best known as a tourist hub with visitors streaming in from all over India and the world. The king of Almer founded the city of Alpur in 1106 which ultimately became modern day Alwar.
- Distance from Jaipur: 153.7 km
- Things to Do: Prioritize visits to Bala Quila Fort, Bhangarh Fort and Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary in Alwar
This town in Sikar district of Rajasthan is considered one of many great places to visit near Jaipur for a number of reasons. Prominent among these reasons is the fact that Fatehpur boasts of numerous havelis and a grand temple.
- Distance from Jaipur: 166.0 km
- Things to Do: Visit the awe-inspiring Nadine Cultural Center which is also a 19th Century haveli and the Dholi Sati Dadi Temple.
6. Ranthambore National Park
While you are in Rajasthan; you do not want to lose the opportunity to visit the renowned Ranthambore National Park. This tiger reserve often features as one of the most popular weekend destinations near Jaipur.
- Distance from Jaipur: 166.2 km
- Things to Do: Enjoy animal sightings with a safari trip into the park and keep your fingers crossed for a tiger sighting
Mandawa town in Jhunjhunu district of the Shekhawati region dates back to before the 18th century. The town is known for its fort and multiple havelis and is often a tourist’s paradise for those looking to witness Rajasthan’s culture from close quarters.
- Distance from Jaipur: 171.1 km
- Things to Do: Visit old Mandawa Fort and soak in the local sights of old Havelis. Shopping for local arts and crafts is also recommended on your visit to Mandawa.
This city in Rajasthan is widely popular among folk art aficionados for the prevalence of brilliant frescoes on the walls of its many havelis. Khetri Mahal in Jhunjhunu is the source of inspiration for the widely popular Hawa Mahal in Jaipur.
- Distance from Jaipur: 179.5 km
- Things to Do: Prioritize a visit to Khetri Palace and Rani Sati Temple while in Jhunjhunu
Bharatpur was one of few regions in the country the British failed to conquer and rule and the remnants of that glorious past can be seen in this region even today.
- Distance from Jaipur: 186.6 km
- Things to Do: Plan your trip around visits to Bharatpur National Park, Lohagarh Fort and Banke Bihari Temple in Bharatpur.
Your quest for weekend getaways near Jaipur could very well take you to Bundi district which is not too far away from the city and there is good chance you won’t regret it. Bundi is a popular tourist attraction with a bustling marketplace and multiple temples and havelis.
- Distance from Jaipur: 217.9 km
- Things to Do: Put Taragarh Fort, Moti Mahal and Badal Mahal on the itinerary.
While in Jaipur; you have the opportunity to visit the birthplace of Krishna which is Mathura; on any given weekend. Owing to its proximity to the capital of Rajasthan and its religious significance; Mathura ranks high among weekend destinations near Jaipur.
- Distance from Jaipur: 224.5 km
- Things to Do: Explore the religious significance of Mathura with visits to Govardhan Hill and Sri Krishna Janmabhoomi Temple Complex
Vrindavan is yet another town in Uttar Pradesh in close proximity to Jaipur city and a distinctive historical and religious significance. Vrindavan is where Lord Krishna spent his childhood years according to Hindu Mythology and this town of temples adequately commemorates this legend.
- Distance from Jaipur: 237.8 km
- Things to Do: Schedule a visit to Banke Bihari Mandir and the magnificent ISKON temple.
Venture yet again into Uttar Pradesh and make your way to the historic city of Agra which is one of the most highly rated weekend destinations near Jaipur; for good reasons.
- Distance from Jaipur: 240.4 km
- Things to Do: A visit to the monument of love “The Taj Mahal” is the overwhelming factor that draws most visitors to Agra.
Located in the southeast of Rajasthan; Kota is highly recommended among places to visit near Jaipur on weekends. Kota has many tourist delights in the form of monuments, palaces, and gardens.
- Distance from Jaipur: 251.3 km
- Things to Do: Make it a point to visit Kishore Sagar and Jagmandir Palace, Seven Wonder Park, and Kota Barrage
15. New Delhi
Your stay at Jaipur comes with the benefit of making a quick weekend trip into New Delhi; the beating heart of India.
- Distance from Jaipur: 260.7 km
- Things to Do: Put Humayun’s Tomb, Qutub Minar and Red Fort on your list of places to see in New Delhi
On the banks of the Berach River lies Chittorgarh; one of many historic cities in Rajasthan and yet another great destination for a weekend getaway from Jaipur.
- Distance from Jaipur: 309.4 km
- Things to Do: A visit to Chittor Fort will take up most of your time in the city but if you can; do visit Vijay Stambh and Gau Mukh Kund.
Gwalior is a historic city in Madhya Pradesh and its many monuments and landmarks tell a story you need to hear. Make your way to Gwalior from Jaipur City on any given weekend and enjoy a quick trip to one of the country’s most illustrious urban hubs.
- Distance from Jaipur: 334.3 km
- Things to Do: Take your time to explore Gwalior Fort and make a visit to Jai Vilas Palace and Man Mandir while you are in the city.
Bikaner which is quite close to Jaipur is a beautiful city of historical landmarks and monuments with a huge tourist footfall. Your weekend visit to Bikaner will be interesting for more reasons than one.
- Distance from Jaipur: 334.4 km
- Things to Do: Put Junagarh Fort, Karni Mata Temple and Kote Gate on your list of places to visit in Bikaner City.
While Jaipur is the capital of Rajasthan, Jodhpur is the second largest city and the Sun City of Rajasthan. Good enough reasons to add to the excitement of your weekends with a visit to Jodhpur.
- Distance from Jaipur: 334.4 km
- Things to Do: Mehrangarh Fort, Umaid Bhavan Palace, and Khejarla Fort should find their place on your Jodhpur itinerary.
Nathdwara Town on the banks of the River Banas is sure to be an interesting destination for a weekend getaway from Jaipur. This small town is known for the magnificent Krishna temple and the unique deity housed within.
- Distance from Jaipur: 349.5 km
- Things to Do: Visit the Shrinathji Temple in Nathdwara to catch a glimpse of the 7th-century deity of 7-year-old Krishna.
Listed below are just 20 of the most promising weekend getaways from Jaipur. Some are within the state of Rajasthan while a few are in neighboring Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. If you can think of even more weekend destinations for the convenience of tourists to Jaipur; do give your suggestions in the comments section below.