You wouldn’t wait for a second to realize that you get the best Punjabi foods in Chandigarh. Just think of it the spicy butter chicken, the stuffed parathas, tandoori kebabs, creamy chaats, chilled lassi, fluffy bhature…the list can go on and on. You get the best of street food in dhabas and eateries in Chandigarh. Not only that, there are foods from South Indian, Rajasthani, and Chinese cuisines as well!! To help you choose the top ones, we have chosen the most popular street food in Chandigarh, and where to find them.
20 Handpicked Street Food in Chandigarh
Golgappas is every chaat lover’s favourite. The crispy and hollow puris, filled with sweet and tangy chutneys, dahi, chaat masalas, potato or chickpeas, when served with flavoured water brings about a burst of taste in your mouth. The Punjabi ones are bigger and more tangy and spicy.
- Where to eat: Garg Chaat, Ram Chat Bhandar, Snacks Corner, Shami Chat & Sweets, Krishna Chat Bhandar, Chilli Chaats
2. Dahi Bhalla
Light on the stomach, but oozing with sweet and tangy flavours, Dahi Bhalla is a favourite street food of Chandigarh. The deep-fried, crisp hollow puris are filled with sweet and tangy tamarind sauce, spicy chutneys, and topped with creamy sweet dahi, to make them juicy and mouth-watering.
- Where to eat: Snacks Corner, Garg Chaat
Suggested to Read : Best Weekend Getaways from Chandigarh
The chaats have so many dishes like Papdi Chaat, Bhel Puri, Pani Puri, Bhalla Papdi, Aloo Tikki, Ragda Patties, Kachori and others. They have a delicious filling of sweet and saucy chutneys, flavored water, mixture of potato, onions, corn, sprouts, pulses and other vegetables, topped with dahi or curds, and garnished with herbs.
- Where to eat: Garg Chaat, Krishna Chat Shop, Matru Tikki Vaala, Ram Chaat Bhandar, Krishan Chat Bhandar, Shankar the Chat Shop, Chilli Chaats
4. Chole Bhature
A must-have when in Chandigarh, Chole Bhature combines the richness of gravy-laden chickpeas with that of the fluffy bhature. When eaten together, they form an essential North Indian dish, which can be had anytime, morning breakfast, lunch or dinner. The bhatures are cooked on tandoors or clay ovens and can be plain, or with a filling of paneer or potato.
- Where to eat: Sodhi’s Ziaka, Sai Sweets, Roadside stall (Khirki/Rehri), Nukar Dhaba, Gopal’s
Also Read : 20 Shopping Places in Chandigarh That Have You Reaching For Your Wallet
Made of condensed milk, and loaded with nuts, raisins, pistachios, saffron and other dry fruits, Kulfi is a dessert item usually served after dinner. In the searing heat of Chandigarh, there is nothing like licking the cold sweet milk and biting chunks out of the bar of kulfi.
- Where to eat: Krishna Chat Shop, Sai Sweets
6. Pav Bhaji
The most popular street food in India, Pav Bhaji is a thick vegetable curry, topped with butter, and served with soft bread. The ones that are prepared in North India is more spicy and more butter. The red coloured bhaji when had with crispily fried bread makes it a favourite snack of Chandigarh.
- Where to eat: Sodhi’s Zaika, Wow, Snacks Corner, Neelam Fast Foods
For street food lovers of Chandigarh, there is nothing like eating tikkis with chole. Tikkis are spiced potato cutlets, usually shallow fried, and served with chole, and garnished with onions, sweet and spicy chutneys. Tikkis can be had alone too, but in North India, they can be had with chole or made into a Chaat dish.
- Where to eat: Garg Chaat, Ram Chat Bhandar, Neelam Fast Foods, Sai Sweets, Krishna Chat Shop
8. Paneer Tikka
This tandoori street food is famous in India, even more in Chandigarh. Paneer cubes are char-grilled on skewers and served with mint chutneys and other sauces. Other vegetables like capsicum, tomatoes, are also added to the paneer.
- Where to eat: Pal Dhaba, Tikka Freaks, Katani Dhaba, Gopal’s, Chaplin Fast Food, Sindhi Sweets
Also Read : Things to do in Chandigarh
This favourite street food of Chandigarh can be had anytime for a quick bite. Essentially it is a Kathi roll, filled with an assortment of different vegetables and spices. It can be vegetarian or non-vegetarian, but both of them are equally juicy and delicious.
- Where to eat: Tibbs Frankie, Kathi Junction, Roll Xpress
10. Cheese Chilli
This Chinese dish has become a favourite street food of Chandigarh. It contains various exotic vegetables and chunks of Paneer, prepared with spicy sauces, and garnished with herbs and other seasonings.
- Where to eat: Raju Chinese Fast Food, Matru Tickky Wala, Shirdi Food & Snacks
The steamed momos have become a favourite street food for people of Chandigarh. Momos is essentially a Tibetan dish, having bite-sized dumplings filled with vegetables or meats, and served with spicy sauces and a variety of chutneys
- Where to eat: Faraabi Cafe, Chawla’s, Fire n Grill, Kathmandu Chinese Fast Food, Rohit Chinese Food, Momos Wala, Dumpling Hood, Miso Hungry, A1 Dumplings, Shake Plaza
12. Spring Rolls
Another Chinese favourite, Spring Rolls are deep fried pancakes, rolled and filled with veggies or meats, and served with various sauces and chutneys. It is a street food that is light on the stomach but dripping with flavour and aromas.
- Where to eat: Toshib, Roll Xpress, Gopal’s, Khokha, Raju Chinese Fast Food, Kathmandu Chinese Fast Food, Lava Eat n Wrap, Pradhan Dhaba
Street food lovers in Chandigarh love this Chinese delicacy. As Chandigarh loves spicy food, noodles too have a spicier taste and intense flavours. Noodle Soup is also a favourite.
- Where to eat: Raju Chinese Fast Food, Kathmandu Chinese Fast Food, Khokha, Adhikari Chinese Food, Fry High, Shirdi Food & Snacks, Gopal’s
14. Amritsari Kulcha
An eternal North Indian dish, Amritsari Kulcha is prepared of refined flour, stuffed with a range of stuffing like paneer, cheese, potatoes, and prepared on a clay tandoor, and served with chole, chutneys, pickles and curries. They are the best street food of Chandigarh.
- Where to eat: Kulcha Hub, Bansal Amritsar Food Street, Sodhi’s Zaika, Amritsari Kulcha & Channa
Also check : Top 10 Places To Visit In Chandigarh You Should Not Miss
15. Rajma Chawal
A typical north Indian street delicacy, Rajma chawal is essentially red kidney beans prepared in rich gravy and served with rice. It is the most nourishing dish and most popular among the street food fans of Chandigarh.
- Where to eat: Sodhi’s Zaika, Khokha, Nukkar Dhaba, Pal Dhaba, Gopal’s, Deluxe Dhaba, Sindhi Sweets, Sai Sweets, Bholey Di Hatti, Talwar Dairy, Treat Point
This famous Punjabi lassi is best enjoyed chilled in the hot summer months. Favourite among people of Chandigarh, Lassi is a yoghurt based drink, prepared with fruit and spices, and garnished sometimes with flavours and other toppings.
- Where to drink: Pal Dhaba, Sindhi Sweets, Gopal Sweets, Shiv Sweets and Bhojanalya, Talwar’s, Verka Lassi, Shiv Mistan Bhandar, Baba Dairy, Ram Dairy, Vijaya Dairy
17. Sarso da Saag & Makki di Roti
A dish synonymous with Punjab, it has won the hearts, or stomachs, of millions across India. Sarso or mustard greens is prepared with various Indian spices and eaten with flat cornbreads or Makki di Roti. It is an essential food of Punjab, best eaten in the winter season, as it gives warmth and plenty of nourishment. In Chandigarh, you get these at famous dhabas and various other eateries.
- Where to eat: Pal Dhaba, Amritsari Kulcha & Channa, Katani Dhaba
Nobody makes parathas better than the North Indians. In Chandigarh, you get the best Parathas with loads of butter and served with curries, pickles or raitas. Parathas are made of wheat flour and come in different varieties like plain, butter, cheese, paneer, keema, various herbs, dals, and others.
- Where to eat: Pal Dhaba, Katani Dhaba, Gurbax Dhaba, Pahalwan Paratha Point
19. Chicken Tikka
A famous street side food in Chandigarh, Chicken Tikka is char-broiled chicken meat on skewers or grilled oven, made with vegetables and flavoured with spices, and served with mint chutney, and other sauces.
- Where to eat: Tikka Freaks, Pal Dhaba, Fire n Grill, Pehelwan da Dhaba
Burgers filled with veggies, meats, herbs and sauces, is the best street food snack in Chandigarh. It has a huge following of loving burger fans all across Chandigarh. Renowned burger brands and road-side eateries serve most delicious burgers.
- Where to eat: Burger Point, Yumla, Burger Hub, Burgrill, Burger King, Hot Millions, Castle Grill
If you also have loved the street food of Chandigarh, or know some more, then leave your comments in the section below.
Book budget-friendly and safe Treebo hotels in Chandigarh now!