Also known as the City of Joy, Kolkata is a place where you will find a lot of historical and cultural elements. Being a capital of the West Bengal, the city is the first thing which strikes before anything else in the mind.
The amazing nature of this city and well-preserved past is some of the finest attractions one can see here. But what if you have already explored the city? Being a wanderer, you would always want to go out for short trips and explore the nearby attractions of a place you are more aware of. Here are several places you can see in one day trip from Kolkata.
16 Places for One Day Trip from Kolkata
1. Get close to nature at Bawali
Bawali is one of the most beautiful spots that you can visit from Kolkata. This place can either be visited with the family or can be visited alone to get relaxed.
The place is the ultimate reflection of the beauty of nature surrounded by greenery. You will experience the peace and warmth that will refresh you from the stress of the daily routine.
- Distance from Kolkata: 35 Km
- Things to do: Relaxing, taking walks, fish farming
2. Experience fishing at Babur Haat
This place will give you an idea of the rural living. The place is perfect to have a relaxing time amongst the mesmerizing beauty of nature.
The picturesque locations of this place will win your heart and will catch your attention instantly. You will get to see a totally different side of Kolkata once you visit this place. It will be more fun if you are visiting with your loved ones.
- Distance from Kolkata: 48 Km
- Things to do: Fishing of different types of Bengali fishes
3. Visit ancient forts at Raichak
Located on the banks of the rivers Bhagirathi- Hooghly, Raichak is one beautiful small village that is an attraction near the city of joy. It is one of the popular destinations for a one-day trip from Kolkata.
The beauty and architecture of the many available forts in this place are the biggest highlights that attract the tourists. There are many luxurious resorts near the place which can offer you a comfortable stay.
- Distance from Kolkata: 50 Km
- Things to do: Boat ride and relaxing
4. Ride a boat at Diamond Harbor
This place is one of the attractions for one day trip from Kolkata which can be visited by the tourists. It is located at the River Hooghly and one can witness the Bay of Bengal’s confluence.
The sea like the appearance of this place makes it one of the leading attractions that catch the attention of the people. You can have a nice picnic time at this palace along with relaxing with your family.
- Distance from Kolkata: 57.8 Km
- Things to do: Boat riding, visiting the ancient monuments
5. Get spiritual at Tarkeshwar
This place is famous amongst the tourists for the very famous Tarkeshwar temple which is one of the most famous temples. The beauty of the temple is one great attraction that has been attracting the tourists towards the place.
The calm surroundings of the temple will be the best place where you can relax. You must visit this temple for seeking the blessings of the Almighty.
- Distance from Kolkata: 62 Km
- Things to do: Visiting the nearby temples
6. Experience the village living at Khanyan
It is also a small village that was founded in the year 1766 in West Bengal’s Hooghly district. This place is an ideal place where you can visit to relax from the stress of day to day living.
As the place is quite far from the disturbance of the city, one can totally relax in the peaceful surroundings along with having some joyful time with their loved ones.
- Distance from Kolkata: 77 Km
- Things to do: Visiting the Rajbari Palace
7. Relax at Taki Golpata Forest
If you are love nature’s beauty and want to have a relaxed time in the peaceful surroundings of nature, then Golpata forest is the ideal destination.
The place is well-surrounded by Golpatar and Sundari trees which makes this forest even more beautiful. You will be totally mesmerized by the beauty of the place along with the picturesque views that you will witness.
- Distance from Kolkata: 80 Km
- Things to do: Nature walk, visiting the nearby temples
8. Watch the perfect sunset at Haldia
This place is the ideal choice for the people who love exploring the beauty of nature. With the various natural wonders and many locations of the rich heritage,
Haldia is one of the perfect destinations for a one-day trip from Kolkata. You will get to explore many unique places which have its own charm which is just perfect for creating many memories with your loved ones.
- Distance from Kolkata: 91 Km
- Things to do: Watching the mesmerizing sunset
9. Experience the thrill of wildlife at Sunderbans
If you are an adventurous person and likes to explore the wildlife of the place, then the Sunderbans trip from Kolkata would be the best thing to do.
The place is a treat for the wildlife lovers as they can find some great spices of wildlife which are hard to find somewhere else. The rich variety of flora and fauna is another attraction that keeps the interest of the visitors at this place.
- Distance from Kolkata: 109 Km
- Things to do: Exploring the wildlife
10. Witness Kolkata’s heritage at Bardhaman
This is the place where you will get the best of everything that makes a perfect one- day trip. Right from the religious side to the natural side, this place offers you the perfect blend of these attractions.
The major attraction of this place is the slow-paced lifestyle which cannot be found anywhere else. You will cherish every single moment that you spend here.
- Distance from Kolkata: 113 Km
- Things to do: Visit the deer park, Gopal Bagh
11. Cherish the architectural beauty at Nabadwip
This place is famous for the fact that it contains nearly 200 temples that one can visit. Thus, the place is visited by a number of devotees who are looking for a place to get lean in the warmth of the sacred surroundings and to seek blessings of the almighty.
You will get the maximum peace of mind and relaxation by visiting this place which will take you back in time.
- Distance from Kolkata: 115 Km
- Things to do: Visiting temples
12. Visit the beaches at Bakkhali
When you get totally stressed from the daily stress of the city and want to relax in a pleasant environment of a peaceful location like the beach, then Bakkhali is the ideal destination for you.
There you can witness some of the cleanest beaches which are famous for its beauty and attractive views. The picturesque locations of the nearby places will force you to get clicked and to create some unforgettable memories.
- Distance from Kolkata: 126 Km
- Things to do: Visit the white sand beaches, temples
13. Explore the Joypur Forest
This place is mostly visited by the people who are big fan and lover of nature and wildlife. You will get the perfect blend of natural beauty and the adventures of wildlife at this place.
The surrounding dense forest enhances the beauty and the charm of the place. Explore the splendid beauty of nature and simply relax in the pleasant atmosphere of this place.
- Distance from Kolkata: 127 Km
- Things to do: Exploring the wildlife
14. Fall in love at Henry Island
This is the perfect destination for the couples. The romantic surroundings and the cool breeze of the place is one of the major attractions that attract the tourists especially the couples.
You can also visit the place alone to experience the beach lifestyle. It is the perfect beach destination available in Kolkata and this is one of the favourites of the local residents of Kolkata. You will spend some joyful time here.
- Distance from Kolkata: 140 Km
- Things to do: Bird watching, relaxing
15. Witness the beauty of Terracotta at Bishnupur
Popularly known as the land of terracotta, Bishnupur is one of the beautiful attractions of Kolkata. The place is famous for its historical and ancient temples which are extremely beautiful and mesmerizing in its beauty.
Most of the available temples here are dedicated to Lord Krishna. Other attractions of this place are the silk sarees and terracotta items. It is one beautiful which will amaze you with its beauty.
- Distance from Kolkata: 142 Km
- Things to do: Visiting and admiring the architecture of temples
16. Connect with the past at Shantiniketan
If you want to connect with the rich culture of the city of joy, then you must visit the peaceful place called Shantiniketan. Surrounded by greenery, this place is famous as it was the resident of India’s well-known poet Rabindranath Tagore.
You will get to see the different colors of Kolkata if you visit this place during the festive season like Poush Mela and Basanta Utsav.
- Distance from Kolkata: 162 Km
- Things to do: Visiting the bird sanctuary
These are some of the ideal locations that you can explore when you are planning a one-day trip from Kolkata. All these places have wonderful and pleasant experiences to offer which you would love to cherish all your life.
You can choose the places according to your mood and preference but we would suggest covering as many places as you can. Share with us your experience once you have visited the places. Have an awesome one-day trip Kolkata at these amazing places.