Some people believe that life gets interesting in the after-hours. Day sure is for a working person but the night is for poets and dreamers. If you are one of them or perhaps both, you must visit the best places in Kolkata which are very popular among people specially in the night. So the next time you are visiting Kolkata, don’t just restrict your imagination to trams, bazaars, Victoria Palace and Howrah Bridge, the city gets even better in the night.
11 Places to Visit in Kolkata at Night to have an Awesome time
The first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word nightlife is the nightclubs and pubs of the city. Some of the best clubs in Kolkata include:
1. Someplace ElseThis British-styled live music club is for the people who enjoy rock music. It brings together elegant interiors, good food and innovative beverage. It is a very attractive club which attracts patrons from various age groups. Events and music performances are a regular feature here.
2. UndergroundThis upmarket pub in Kolkata is themed after the British Underground. It is one of the prime attractions for youngsters who want to dance and chill. Open till 1 AM every day, it is a good place for night wanderers.
3. RoxyAre you in for some quirky clubs? Visit Roxy; this 60s themed club is one of the most loved nightclubs in Kolkata, has got an extensive list of cocktails and wines and hosts the best DJs in the city. The attractive and cosy decor makes it a perfect menu for a rocking night.
4. A Ride to the Park StreetSince the 1970s and 80s Park Street has witnessed the emergence of the best nightclubs and discos of the city. So even if you don’t enjoy the nightclub scene, you surely can enjoy this beautiful view in your car or even a cab. Just a ride along this street could bring a smile to your face and joy to your heart.
5. Witness the Stunning Beauty of Howrah Bridge
No Bollywood movie has ever shown Kolkata without this bridge. It is the pride of Kolkata and is even better at night with all beautiful lights. Ride along the bridge or stand and watch the Ganges flow by, and have a heart-warming chat with your loved one – Simple Perfection.
Satisfy Your Hunger Pangs with Restaurants and Eateries
All the driving around and club hopping is definitely going to do one thing, arouse a pang of hunger. Luckily, when in Kolkata, you don’t have to depend on instant noodles for a midnight snack. Read on to discover places you can dine at after the after-party.
6. The Bridge – FloatelThis surely is one of the most unique concepts of Kolkata. Situated on the Howrah jetty, this is a 24-hour restaurant which affords a mesmerising view of the river. Floatel is an idle place for a romantic night out and the perfect location for shutter bugs.
7. Don Giovanni’s
This is another 24 hour-open restaurant that offers a menu with a wide range of cuisines varying from Chinese to Italian. What more can one ask for in the middle of the night?
8. Balwant Singh’s Eating House
Not everyone hanging out at night has a fancy snacking budget. Thankfully Kolkata offers many pocket-friendly options for the hungry night-owl. Balwant Singh’s eating house is open till 2-3 AM and won’t burn a hole in your pocket. Go and enjoy some delicious paranthas or chhola bathuras among many delicacies and keep on with your night of fun.
Soothing Early Mornings
The night has been bustling with fun and as the sun peeks over the horizon, you realize that Kolkata has still more to offer.
9. Early Morning at the Ganges
Start your day watching the sun rise over the holy Ganges. What could be more blissful then this! It is possible to find a boatman and go for a sail with your friends or just by yourself. The serenity of the breaking day is sure to awaken emotions you might not have experienced in a long time.
10. Early Morning Breakfast Joints
If you are in Kolkata, food is a must on your “to do” list. Besides, a night of fun demands a good breakfast. So hop to some early morning breakfast joints like Terretti’s and Balwant Singh eating house among others
11. A Stroll Along The Beautiful ParksThis is a highly recommended experience to have. An early morning stroll in a park is just what you need after a night of partying. Watch the sun come up as nature awakens around you in one of the city’s many parks. Some of the best parks you may head to include Elliot Park, eco-tourism park, and Maidan.
These are definitely the best places to visit in Kolkata at night, and even after. So next time when you are here, do see for yourself that city of Joy truly deserves its title, and continues to mesmerize 24×7. Indulge the night-owl in you and do share your experiences with us.