If you want to get away from the chaos and the stress of the city and truly connect with your partner, then we’ve got just the list for you. From pristine white beaches and rolling hills to scenic sunset points and gushing waterfalls, we’ve picked out the best places close to Mumbai where you and your partner can head to for a short yet blissful break.
So, if you want some rest, relaxation and some romance, look no further than our list of the most romantic places to visit near Mumbai for couples.
Amazing Places Near Mumbai for Couples (Under 100 kilometres)
The natural beauty, great weather and entertainment options make this hill station the most frequented one. And it’s ideal for couples too as there are a number of bonding activities you can enjoy here. The misty valleys, lush greenery and floating clouds make for the perfect romantic backdrop too. Take a trek up to Tiger’s Leap or Shooting Point to catch a great view of the sunset. Khandala is undoubtedly one of the best places to visit near Mumbai for couples who wish to spend some quality time together.
- Distance: 81.9 kilometres from Mumbai
- Travel Tip: Do try the chikki here as well as the fudge.
- Best time to visit Khandala: October to May
Suggested Read: 12 Beautiful Places to Visit Near Mumbai within 100 Kilometres
Book Budget Hotels in Mumbai
If you are looking for romantic places near Mumbai for couples, Lonavala will definitely top the list. A very popular holiday spot for couples as well as families, this location combines the best of nature and adventure. If you and your beloved to explore the outdoors, then you will be spoilt for choice of places to go trekking and hiking. There are a number of caves and valleys to check out such as the Bhaja Caves, Bushi Dam, Karla Caves and Lonavala Lake. The best time to visit is during or after the monsoon (June to September) if love monsoons and don’t mind getting wet.
- Distance: 83 kilometres from Mumbai
- Travel Tip: If you like adventure then visit Della Adventure for some thrilling activities.
- Best time to visit Lonavala: December to February
Suggested Read: 25 Fun Things to Do In Mumbai for Youngsters
This is a very popular spot for couples looking for an impromptu getaway from the chaos of the city. Located just a short boat trip away, this coastal town is romantic and peaceful, offering lovers a chance to really bond. With their beautiful beaches and cultural spots, it offers a mix of relaxation and excursions. Do make sure to visit Kihim Beach, Alibaug Beach, Kolaba Fort, Hanuman Temple and Kanakeshwar Forest.
- Distance: 95.4 kilometres
- Travel Tip: There are a number of watersports activities available here.
- Best time to visit Alibaug: November to March
Suggested Read: 22 Romantic Things to Do in Mumbai for Couples
Are you interested in adding a bit of adventure to your relationship? If so, you’ll really be interested in heading to Kamshet. This location has the Western Ghats on all four sides and combines relaxation with adventure. You can go paragliding, parasailing and there is even a water park in the vicinity.
- Distance: 101.8 kilometres
- Travel Tip: Don’t forget your GoPro, for it’s going to be an adventure.
- Best time to visit Kamshet: October to May
If you and your partner want a weekend trip that packs in romance and adventure, then you must make a trip to Kolad. This small village is beautiful and boasts a number of stunning natural water bodies like pristine lakes and gushing waterfalls. Apart from enjoying the scenery, you can plan a trek or river rafting in Kolad. Located quite close to the main city, it will take you under two hours to reach this romantic spot.
- Distance: 113 kilometres from Mumbai
- Travel Tip: The best time to visit is between January and February as the weather is nicer.
- Best time to visit Kolad: June to March
Suggested Read: The 13 Most Adventurous Things to Do in Mumbai
One of the most beautiful places near Mumbai for couples, Igatpuri surely promises a quick break with your beloved from the redundant city life and helps you relax. Surrounded by the vast Western Ghats, it is a paradise for nature lovers and enthusiasts. Here, you can visit the gushing waterfalls, or take cover under the trees. There are a number of temples to visit too such as the Amruteshwar temple and the Ghantandevi temple. Igatpuri is a lovely romantic weekend getaway near Mumbai for couples to enjoy some time together.
- Distance: 121 kilometres from Mumbai
- Travel Tip: The place is famous for its delicious vada pav, so make sure you try it here.
- Best time to visit Igatpuri: June to March
Suggested Read: Top 15 Weekend Getaways from Mumbai for Summer
Most places around Mumbai just have too many tourists to get enough quiet time with your spouse or partner. This is not so with Ratanwadi. A hidden gem, if it’s possible to have one in the overpopulated state of Maharashtra, it’s a romantic place near Mumbai like no other. You can go birdwatching, trek to Bhandardara or just sit back and relax. The choice is yours.
- Distance: 122 kilometres from Mumbai
- Travel Tip: The place is pretty close to Bhandardara, so make sure you pack your camping gear.
- Best time to visit Ratanwadi: September to May
Suggested Read: 12 Easy Treks Near Mumbai Anyone Can Complete
If you and your love want to create some beautiful beach memories, this beach town on the Konkan coast is the ideal holiday destination for you. With beautiful hills, golden sands, the sea and surf, this is the perfect place to let romance come alive. If you want to take a break from lazing on the shores, you should also visit the temples and churches as well as the peaceful Buddhist caves nearby. Also, make sure to try the local cuisine.
- Distance: 131 kilometres from Mumbai
- Travel Tip: If you enjoy nature then visit the Pansad Bird Sanctuary that is home to many amphibians, insects and mammals.
- Best time to visit Kashid: October to March
Suggested Read: The 17 Most Romantic Honeymoon Places Near Mumbai
9. Malshej Ghat
Located 700 metres above sea level, people flock to this peaceful hill station because of the great weather and even better views. If you and your partner want to plan a quick holiday where you can enjoy each other’s company and get away from the city, this is an ideal option. With mountains fading into the clouds and lush greenery, Malshej Ghat is a great place for picnics and romantic walks down the winding slopes.
- Distance: 140.2 kilometres from Mumbai
- Travel Tip: The best way to get here is to hire a cab from Mumbai as the nearest train station is Kalyan.
- Best time to visit Malshej Ghat: October to March
Suggested Read: 17 Top-Notch Places to Visit Near Mumbai in March
Located in the Palghar district, this is must visit with your beloved as it offers a lot of romantic spots. Apart from the evergreen forests and gushing waterfalls, there is a lot of other things you can explore with your partner here. Some of the must-visit sites include Sunset Point, Dabosha waterfall and Khad-Khad Dam. And for a truly romantic experience, make your way down to Hanuman point (Sunrise Point ) to witness the sunrise from surrounding valley.
- Distance: 140.6 kilometres from Mumbai
- Travel Tip: As it is quite a popular spot, make sure to book your hotel in advance.
- Best time to visit Jawhar: July to September
Suggested Read: 20 Inspiring Places Near Mumbai for One-Day Picnic
Romantic Places Near Mumbai for Couples (Over 150 kilometres)
Pune has the reputation of a conservative city, but this really isn’t true. Or at least it hasn’t been since all the IT crowd started to move there a couple of decades ago. Today, you’ll find it has all the advantages of a big city like Mumbai (from museums to restaurants to nightlife) but at a slower pace. Also, it’s got much better weather in the winter which is why Pune is one of the most romantic places near Mumbai for couples.
- Distance: 150 kilometres from Mumbai
- Travel Tip: Many good music festivals take place around the year, so check to see what’s happening the weekend you’re visiting.
- Best time to visit Pune: October to February
Suggested Read: 25 Best Places to Visit in Pune for the Fervent Traveller in You
Murud has a lovely beach, is full of palm trees, great local food and warm hospitality. What more could you possibly want from your romantic getaway near Mumbai? Just spend two to three days here and you’ll feel like you’ve just been through a second honeymoon. Be sure to visit the fort at Murud-Janjira, though. A great place to photograph your romance.
- Distance: 156 kilometres from Mumbai
- Travel Tip: Spend at least one night at the campsite near the fort.
- Best time to visit Murud: October to February
Suggested Read: 31 Tourist Places to Visit Near Mumbai for a Relaxed Trip
If you and your partner want to enjoy nature and get lost in each other’s company, then plan a trip to this resort village. Bhandardara is a great place to visit for its weather, great locations as well as forts, lakes, trekking, fishing and relaxing. There are a number of historic locations to visit as well such as Wilson Dam (one of the oldest dams in the country), Arthur Lake surrounded by a canopy of trees and Randha Falls, one of the best in the area.
- Distance: 163.8 kilometres from Mumbai
- Travel Tip: The best time to visit is during the monsoon.
- Best time to visit Bhandardara: June to September
Suggested Read: Everything You Need to Know About Sandhan Valley Trek
If your idea of a romantic getaway near Mumbai involves alcohol, look no further. Unofficially the wine capital of India, Nashik is home to many vineyards, including Sula, India’s largest producer of wines. Many of these vineyards offer wine tours, where you and your partner can educate yourselves on how wines are made and, of course, enjoy a bottle or two as well.
- Distance: 166 kilometres from Mumbai
- Travel Tip: Do check out the sunrise at Harihar Fort nearby.
- Best time to visit Nashik: October to March
Suggested Read: 18 Awesome Places to Visit in Nashik
This planned town surrounded among lush green hills is a truly luxurious getaway for you and your partner. The year-round pleasant weather and proximity to Mumbai make it easy for you to plan a quick trip whenever the mood strikes. Some of the activities you can enjoy here include indoor golfing, a visit to one of their many spas and nature walks. Here you will be able to see a number of types of flowers and birds.
- Distance: 188 kilometres from Mumbai
- Travel Tip: The drive to Lavasa is pleasant, so we recommend you plan a road trip with your beloved.
One of the lesser-known spots is Harnai-Anjarle. Thanks to its quiet beaches and good weather, it is an ideal place for couples to visit for a few days away from the city. It is famous for its coconut and betel nut and unspoilt beaches. Apart from this you can also do some sightseeing and visit the magnificent Ganesh temple. There are not too many fancy resorts here so be prepared to get in touch with nature.
- Distance: 238 kilometres from Mumbai
- Travel Tip: This is a great place to spot dolphins so keep your eyes open.
Sure, it isn’t that close to Mumbai. But sometimes, you just need a bit of Goa. And considering that both places have an airport with daily flights, it’s even closer than many of the other places on this list. Or you can try a road trip with your partner to add some romance! You’ve got great seafood, excellent nightlife, inexpensive alcohol, beaches everywhere and wonderful resorts. What more could you ask for?
- Distance: 564 kilometres from Mumbai
- Travel Tip: Hire a two-wheeler as soon as you get there.
- Best time to visit Lavasa: September to March
Suggested Read: 17 Best Places to Visit Near Mumbai During Monsoon
It’s time to pick up the phone and call your partner, pack your bags and head off some of these amazing places near Mumbai to relax and reconnect with your partner. Do let us know about your experience in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1 What are some of the best hangout places for couples in Mumbai?
Some of the best places where you can s[end time with your partner in Mumbai include Carter Road, Bandra Bandstand, Juhu Beach, Bandra Fort, Worli Sea Face, Powai Lake, Chota Kashmir, Arnala or Aska Beach, Taraporewala Aquarium, Colaba Causeway and Victoria Garden.
You can visit the Pandavkada Falls, Nerul Lake, Mango Garden, Seawoods Grand Central Mall, Palm Beach Marg and other places in Navi Mumbai with your partner.
Q3 What are some great places for celebrating birthdays in Mumbai for couples?
You can celebrate your partner’s or your birthday in Mumbai in an exciting way by visiting Marine Drive, Versova Rock Beach, Bandra Fort, Prithvi Theatre, Hanging Gardens and Madh Island Beach.
Q4 What are some romantic places to visit near Mumbai for couples?
You can take your partner on a romatic date to Lavasa, Kashid, Khandala, Lonavala, Malshej Ghat, Alibaug, Ganapatipule, Kolad, Panchgani and other places.