As part of the Unlock 3.0 guidelines, the Ministry of Home Affairs has announced relaxation on restrictions with respect to inter-state and intra-state travel of people and goods. Many states made it mandatory for citizens to apply for e-pass to cross borders and enter a new state while travelling via road or air, but the Centre has issued a notice to relax this going forward.
The lockdown had resulted in a complete standstill of travel for both goods and people and a lot of restrictions were imposed as well. Since June, the government had commenced phased unlock processes, relaxing restrictions stage by stage.
Let’s take a look at state-wise relaxations provided under unlock 3.0 guidelines.
- Inter-state travel for people and goods are allowed, and 14-day home quarantine is also relaxed for people entering Karnataka from other states.
- No more stamping on people travelling to Karnatka from other places.
- No registration and medical check-up required for inter-state travellers as well.
- All e-commerce deliveries are allowed
- Companies are allowed to function with 75% staff compared to 50% allowed previously
- Liquor shops will be opened in Tamil Nadu and can serve close to 500 members through a token system.
- Restaurants can now allow 50% of their capacity from 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM and can also cater to parcel service till 9:00 PM.
Schools, educational centres, cinema halls, swimming pools, etc. will continue to remain closed. An e-pass is mandatory for people coming from other states or travelling within Tamil Nadu.
- Individuals and vehicles can move around only for permitted activities with only 2 people allowed in a car and 1 rider (no pillion) on a bike.
- In situ construction activities (where workers need not be brought from other states) is allowed.
- E-commerce deliveries of only essential goods are permitted.
- E-pass is mandatory to enter Andhra Pradesh from any other states.
Inter-state buses, educational institutes, cinema halls, swimming pools etc to remain closed until further notice.
- KSRTC bus services for long distances are allowed.
- Night curfews have been lifted and people are allowed to move out in the night.
- Boats can operate on alternate days based on their registration numbers, even in the containment zones.
- Yoga centres and gymnasiums are allowed to function following new SOP guidelines laid down by the government.
Cinema halls, swimming pool, etc. will be closed until further updates. Educational institutions will remain shut till August 31st until further notice.
Jammu & Kashmir
- Taxis and cabs allowed for inter-district movement.
- Public vehicles with the specified capacity of passengers are allowed to move inter-district on the routes permitted by the Transport Department.
- Restaurants (even those in hotels) and function with 50% seating capacity and also offer delivery and takeaway services. Hotels and hospitality sectors can now function to their full capacity.
- Movement of goods and people on national highways is allowed
Schools, colleges and entertainment premises will remain shut till further updates are provided by the government.
- Persons with comorbidity will be admitted in a hospital if found COVID-19 positive, irrespective of symptoms and age.
- COVID-19 patients above 50 entering Maharashtra must be compulsorily admitted in a COVID-9 care centre.
- Unrestricted travel within the state is allowed only for work or medical purposes.
- Markets and malls without food courts and theatres are allowed to function. Kitchens in malls can only function for home deliveries.
Since Delhi was the third-worst affected cities in the country, the government has not provided much relaxation on restrictions. Delhi metro, cinema halls, bars etc continue to remain closed. Only, night curfew has been lifted and the movement of people and goods at night is allowed.
Inter-state travel to Goa is permitted but travellers must adhere to 14-day home quarantine or institutional quarantine. If passengers are symptomatic, they should go for institutional quarantine compulsorily until they await their COVID-19 test results. Yoga centres and gyms can function but swimming pools, educational institutions etc. will remain shut.
Lockdown will be limited to containment zones only.
- The restrictions on interstate and intrastate travels have been lifted only for movement of people and goods out of containment zones.
- Noida, Ghaziabad borders have been opened for transit goods across borders. People are also allowed to travel across the borders.
- Markets and malls without theatres or food courts are permitted to function.
Here’s the updated list of what is allowed and what is not allowed in different states as per unlock 3.0 revised guidelines. In case, you have upcoming inter-state travel, you can choose to self-isolate in any Treebo as per the Treebo Safe Distance program. Your stay will be fully protected by Treebo Hygiene Shield safety measures.