Sometimes, you just want to escape your every day mundane life and head out for a break. Whether it is for a day or a weekend, you just want to go to explore nature or indulge in adventure sports.
If you live in Delhi or are in the city for a few weeks, we suggest that you head out of town and enjoy these stunning tourist places near Delhi to get that much-needed break.
In this blog, we have listed the top weekend getaways near Delhi within 100 km to 300 km that you can explore. These holiday destinations near Delhi are the best places to visit on your upcoming long weekend.
Places to Visit Near Delhi (Within 100 Km)
1. Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary
The north of the Aravalli Hill Range is one of the most popular tourist places near Delhi. A great site to visit here is the Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary. Spend the day here exploring the forest as you encounter a variety of bird species and a few animals. It is one of the best places to visit around Delhi for those who love spending time in nature’s lap.
- Distance from Delhi: 37 kilometres
- How to Reach: You drive a car to reach Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary. It will take approximately 1h 30m to reach Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Things to Do: The lake is a great spot for a family picnic.
The short distance makes Surajkund one of the popular tourist places near Delhi. Located in Faridabad, Surajkund is well known for its semicircular amphitheatre. Travellers who love a quiet village life can enjoy a few moments of calm and peace on the banks of Surajkund Lake.
- Distance from Delhi: 41 kilometres
- How to Reach: Surajkund is 1 hour 35 minutes drive from Delhi. If you are taking public transportation like a bus, get down at Surajkund Crossing bus stop.
- Things to Do: You can catch open-air dramas and plays at the semicircular amphitheatre. Surajkund is mostly famous for the annual festival that takes place in the month of February.
Also, Read: Long Weekend Getaways From Delhi
3. Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary
A visit to the Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary is a must for black-winged photography, bird watching, and spending time in the company of nature. The sanctuary is home to over 300 species of birds, some of which are migratory birds from other parts of the world. It is one of the nearby places to visit near Delhi during the winter season.
- Distance from Delhi: 45 kilometres
- How to Reach: Metro is the easiest and most economical means to reach Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary. Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary is located 36 km away from Sultanpur Metro Station. Apart from that, there is a strong road network from Delhi.
- Things to Do: Best time to visit is during the winter when you can see birds like a black-winged stilt, northern pintail, and the yellow wagtail, among other exotic birds.
4. Camp Wild Dhauj
If you love the outdoors and more specifically, adventure sports, there is no better place for you to enjoy a one-day trip from Delhi than at Camp Wild Dhauj. At this outdoor camp, you can indulge in cycling, rock climbing, and other interesting outdoor sports. For the adventurous folk, they have a good obstacle course that is worth taking if you are in good physical condition.
- Distance from Delhi: 57 kilometres
- How to Reach: If you are driving, Camp Wild Dhauj is 50.4 km via NH-44. Taking a bus or driving to the campsite is the best way to reach. You can also take public transport, it is 7.9 km from Manger Bus Stop.
- Things to Do: Try Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Tyrolean Traverse, Trekking, Hiking to hidden lakes, Zorbing, Cycling, Flying fox, River crossing, Raft Building, and so on.
- Timings: 10am–6pm
- Tickets: There are packages based on the number of people going in a group.
Also, Read: Some Amazing One-Day Road Trip Ideas From Delhi
5. Botanix Nature Resort
The Botanix Nature Resort is just the right place for a short stay-cation away from Delhi. This resort is surrounded by lush greenery and exotic plants, and it offers cosy and comfortable rooms. Located close by is the Damdama Lake and the Aravallis hills that are ideal getaways for enjoying nature at its best.
- Distance from Delhi: 60 kilometres
- How to Reach: Botanix Nature Resort is 57 km from Delhi. It is better to drive to reach the resort comfortably. You can also take a rental car.
- Things to Do: Enjoy the urban village resort, the aura of peace, and enormous farms with your family.
Also, Read: 14 Breathtaking Places to Visit Near Delhi
Head to Sohna if you are looking for a trip filled with temples, forts, adventure, and hot springs. This town is located not too far away from Delhi and is the starting point for amazing paragliding experiences. People from across the country come to this place to enjoy soaring in the sky and soaking in all the stunning views of the city. This town is also popular for its hot-water medicinal springs and a historic temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Distance from Delhi: 61 kilometres
- How to Reach: The nearest metro station is Huda Metro Station. From there, take direct buses to Sohna or take an autorickshaw to Subhash Chowk for more options for private and public buses.
- Things to Do: It is known for an annual vintage Car festival that is held every February. You can also enjoy the picnic spots near Damdama Lake which is surrounded by hillocks and greenery. The hot water springs have many remedial and medicinal properties. You can also enjoy some adventure sports like rope course, paintball, mountain rappelling, etc.
Also, Read: 17 Camping Places Near Delhi
7. Damdama Lake
If you love camping or being outdoors, then one of the best places to visit near Delhi is Damdama Lake. On the banks of the river, many camping sites offer great outdoor activities. Near the lake you can enjoy bonfires, stargazing, and even boating. For the adventurous outing, there is also rock climbing and commando nets available at the campsite on the banks of the Damdama Lake.
- Distance from Delhi: 67 kilometres
- How to Reach: The nearest metro station to Damdama Lake is Arjan Garh Metro Station. You need to take a taxi from the metro station to the lake.
- Things to Do: You enjoy a romantic getaway with your partner. It will be a lovely experience to sit with your loved ones in front of a bonfire. You can also go for adventurous sports like rock climbing with your friends.
Check Out: 15 Lakes Near Delhi
Tourist places near Delhi (more than 100 kilometres away)
Thinking about spending a romantic getaway with your better half? We suggest that you stay at Neemrana. Situated in Alwar, the town features a wonderful fort that has now been converted into a hotel. At this charming and historic place, you can enjoy some intimate and cosy moments with your special someone. Neemrana is a popular spot on Golden Triangle tours.
- Distance from Delhi: 125 kilometres
- How to Reach: You can drive from Delhi which will take around 3 hours. If you are taking a train, reach Neemrana Railway Station.
- Things to Do: Enjoy a majestic treatment at Neemrana Fort Palace which has now converted into a hotel. You can also visit Sariska National Park and Bala Quila.
Also check Guest House near Jama Masjid Delhi
A historic town, Alwar is a must-visit for anyone that loves history, forts, and old buildings. The place is home to plenty of attractions that worth visiting, some of them are the Bala Quila Fort, the Bhangarh Fort, and the Sariska Palace. Those who love visiting temples can pay a visit to the Neelkanth Mahadeo Temple. Shoppers can visit the Bazaza Bazar where you will be able to buy traditional Rajasthani textile and jewellery items.
- Distance from Delhi: 164 kilometres
- How to Reach: You can take a train to Alwar which takes around 2 hours. You can catch a train from New Delhi Station and get down at Alwar Railway Station. If you are driving, it will take around 3 hours and 51 minutes via NH 48.
- Things to Do: Alwar City Palace and Fort is a great place to visit for some Rajasthani history. Also, check out Sariska Tiger Reserve, Flying Fox Neemrana, Bhangarh Fort, Bala Quila, and so on.
Also, read: 7 Haunted Forts in India
Mathura is an ideal place for anyone looking to get in touch with their spiritual side. In the holy city Mathura you will find plenty of temples that rooted in Hindu culture. The colourful town is a great place to learn about Hinduism and its culture. Go here during the festival of Holi and enjoy the lovely festivities that transform this holy town.
- Distance from Delhi: 182 kilometres
- How to Reach: To reach Mathura, you can take bus or train from Delhi. It takes around 3 hours to reach Mathura via Taj Express Highway. Or you can take a train from Nizamuddin Railway Station to Mathura Railway Station.
- Things to Do: Mathura is famous for being the birthplace of Lord Krishna. It is one of the important pilgrimage places of the Hindus and one of the seven sacred cities in the country. The best time to visit Mathura is during Janmashtami or Holi. If you are going here for the first time, most of the temples are worth visiting.
Check out: Treebo Hotels in Mathura
11. Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary Keoladeo National Park)
Listed as a World Heritage Site, the Bharatpur Bird or Keoladeo Sanctuary is home to more than 400 species of bird, trees, and fauna. The place is an interesting getaway from the city for nature lovers and bird watchers. The best part about this place is that it is one of the few sanctuaries to have a rickshaw safari. Apart from that, you can also enjoy boating in the lake at the sanctuary. The best time to visit the Keoladeo Sanctuary is from September to February, that is when the migratory birds make this place their temporary home.
- Distance from Delhi: 222 kilometres
- How to Reach: If you planning to take a train, reach Bharatpur Junction Railway Station. The national park is 5 km away from the station. Bharatpur is also well-connected by road from Agra, Mathura, Delhi and Jaipur. The train is the fastest way to reach Bharatpur.
- Things to Do: Spend some time on nature’s lap and get mesmerized by the flora and fauna of the park. Carry a binocular for bird watching. Enjoy rickshaw safari and boating in the lake.
- Timings: The park is open from 8 am to 5 pm.
- Entry Fee: Indians: Rs. 50 Foreigners: Rs. 400.
Read more: 10 Best National Park Near Delhi
If you are looking for holiday destinations near Delhi, you must visit Agra to view and relive all the fantastic sites that sit in this historic town. The most famed monument in Agra is the Taj Mahal that is one of the seven wonders of the world. Other great sites to see here are Akbar’s tomb and the historic Agra Fort. There are a couple of good accommodations available, in case you are planning on staying in Agra overnight.
- Distance from Delhi: 222 kilometres
- How to Reach: The train is the best mode of travel if you planning to visit Agra. It takes approximately 1 hour 25 minutes and you need to get down at Agra Railway Station. It will take 4 hours to drive via Taj Express Highway. Or you can also take a bus to Agra.
- Things to Do: Obviously, Taj Mahal is the main attraction in Agra. But, you can also visit, Red Fort, Tomb of Itimad Ud Daulah, Akbar’s Tomb in Sikandra, Mehtab Bagh, and other Tombs in Agra.
Book Now: Treebo Hotels in Agra
Rishikesh has been featured in many best places near Delhi lists. The reason is that this town is not only famous as a religiously historic place, but it has some amazing adventure sports to enjoy.
The rivers in Rishikesh are a hotbed for kayaking, boating, and other water-sport activities. The hills here are the perfect setting for treks, rock climbing, and bungee jumping.
- Distance from Delhi: 242 kilometres
- How to Reach: 240-250 km away from Delhi, the quickest way to reach is to take a flight to Jollugrant Airport. You can take a taxi from the airport. Or you can take a train to Haridwar Railway Station from New Delhi Railway Station.
- Things to Do: There are so many things to do in Rishikesh, like river rafting, bungee jumping, giant swing, camping, trekking, and visiting temples. It is famous for its spiritual sights and scenic beauty.
Book Budget Hotels in Rishikesh
14. Jim Corbett National Park
Jim Corbett National Park is one of the popular and finest National Parks in India. It can be visited if you are looking for short trips from Delhi. Home to a variety of animal species, tourists can also enjoy gazing at the flora that resides inside the park. Adventure sports lovers can go on long treks along the scenic backdrop of the forest.
The best way to enjoy Jim Corbett is by taking a safari tour where you will be introduced to the different areas of the park. You can also spot endangered species such as the Bengal Tiger.
- Distance from Delhi: 242 kilometres
- How to Reach: Ramnagar Railway Station is the nearest railway station for Jim Corbett National Park which is around 12 km. You can take Ranikhet Express from Delhi to Ramnagar. By road, it will take around 5 hours and 36 minutes via NH49.
- Things to Do: Enjoy Jeep Safari, Elephant Safari, Camping, Trekking, Mountain Biking, River Rafting, Rock Climbing, and many more at Jim Corbett.
- Timings: The national park is open from 6:30 am to 9:30 pm and 4:00 pm to 6 pm.
Also, Read: 13 Best Jungle Safaris in India
15. Bhadrawati Palace
A palace that is now converted into a hotel, the Bhadrawati Palace is a gorgeous place to spend a day or a weekend. Situated on the way to Jaipur, the town has some great structures to see. The hotel itself is beautiful with so many gorgeous rooms to check out. In the evenings, there are cultural programmes held at the palace and they also offer tours of the local village.
- Distance from Delhi: 260 kilometres
- How to Reach: Bhadrawati Palace is 5 hours and 30 minutes by road via NH 48. There are no direct trains to the Bhandrej where the palace is located. The village is located in the Dausa district. As it is exactly on Jaipur-Agra Highway, it is easier to take a bus or car.
- Things to Do: As the palace was built in the 11th century, you can see the architectural style of both Mughal and Rajput. You can also visit the nearby camping area and indulge in birdwatching, horse safaris and camel trips.
- Hotel Check-in: 12:00 PM to 12:00 AM
If you are looking for an offbeat tourist destination, Dausa in Rajasthan is the perfect place. This small town is home to many forts, and other beautiful attractions. Whether you choose to go on foot, or by camel, you will enjoy touring this sleepy town that is rooted in history. We suggest you stop over here at a homestay in Dausa to get a taste of the local culture.
- Distance from Delhi: 265 kilometres
- How to Reach: You can take a train from New Delhi to Dausa which will take around 3 hours and 22 minutes. Or you can take a flight to Jaipur. The Jaipur Airport is 60 km from Dausa and you will get a private cab or bus from the airport to reach Dausa.
- Things to Do: Chand Baori (stepwell) is one of the main attractions of Dausa. You can also visit Gopinath Temple, Fort Madhogarh, Bara Baoli, Harshat Mata Temple, and so on.
You may also like to read: All You Need to Know About Delhi to Rajasthan Roadtrip
Jaipur is a great place for tourists looking to enjoy multiple activities. In this Pink City, besides tourist attractions, you can go shopping for some fine Rajasthani artwork and handicrafts, go bar hopping, visit interesting museums and science centres, as well as enjoy local cuisine at fabulous restaurants. Well connected by air, this place is not too far off from Delhi by flight. If you love long drives, you could also travel to Jaipur from Delhi by road.
- Distance from Delhi: 270 kilometres
- How to Reach: The best way to reach Jaipur is by flight which will take an hour or two. You can also take a train to Jaipur from New Delhi Railway Station. A road trip is for someone who likes a road trip.
- Things to Do: There are so many things you can do at the Pink City of India. You can visit Hawa Mahal, Amer Fort, Nahargarh Fort, try authentic Rajasthani dishes or go shopping.
- Also, Check out: Treebo Hotels in Jaipur
Book Budget Hotels in Jaipur
For anyone who loves art, a visit to the open art gallery, Shekhawati is a must-visit. A unique concept, this open art gallery in Rajasthan is one of the fascinating art galleries in West India. In this village, you will get to see amazing painted palaces, fresco paintings, and also numerous forts.
- Distance from Delhi: 287 kilometres
- How to Reach: The easiest way to reach Shekhawati is by train from Delhi Cantonment Station to Rewari Junction and from Rewari to Sikar Junction. You can also drive via NH709 which will take around 5 hours and 53 minutes. The place is midway between Jaipur and Bikaner on National Highway 52.
- Things to Do: This quaint village is home to sprawling old Havelis which are an architectural marvel. It is also famous for mural paintings on the structures. If you an art-loving person, Shekhawati is the right place to be for you.
Also, read: 5 Forts in Bikaner that you must visit
Often compared to Mussoorie, Landour is a quieter hill station located not too far away from Delhi. The hill station is ideal for those looking to take a break from the regular city life and enjoy a few peaceful days away from the noise. At Landour, you can enjoy adventure sports, stay at pristine hotels overlooking scenic views, and even go to some amazing point to just look at the sunrise.
- Distance from Delhi: 309 kilometres
- How to Reach: If you are planning on a road trip, it will take around 6 hours and 38 minutes via Saharanpur Road. If you are taking the train, you need to reach the nearest railway station Dehradun. The nearest airport from here is Jolly Grant Aiport at Dehradun which is at 64 km.
- Things to Do: This is a town from the British Era and known for the colonial architecture. You can enjoy the picturesque views and enjoy the delicious delicacies. Also, visit the St. Paul’s Church, Laal Tibba, and Ivy Cottage (if you are a Ruskin Bond fan).
Check out: Treebo Hotels in Mussoorie
Although the town of Kanatal is well known for its forts and adventure sports, what attracts people to this place are the campsites. Here, you have the chance to get as close to nature as possible by staying at one of the many camping sites found here. The sites offer great outdoor experiences with activities like stargazing, bonfires, and fun outdoor games.
- Distance from Delhi: 320 kilometres
- How to Reach: You can take a flight to Jolly Grant Airport of Dehradun. If you are going by train, you need to reach either Dehradun Railway Station or Rishikesh Railway Station from Delhi. Then, take a train to Kanatal at your convenience. For a road trip, it will take around 8 hours via NH334.
- Things to Do: Kanatal Hill Station is famous for apple orchids, the view of the Himalayan Range, and the peaceful environment. You can go camping in Kaudia forest range and spend some time at Tehri Dam.
You may also like: Best Camping Places in Leh Ladakh
Traditionally, Mukteshwar has always been known to be a historic religious town because of its rich cultural past. However, today the place is home to some great adventure experiences. At this hill town, one can enjoy adventure sports such as river rafting, hiking, and rappelling. Those who love spending time in the outdoors can book a tent at one of the many campsites in Mukteshwar to enjoy a great outdoor experience.
- Distance from Delhi: 346 kilometres
- How to Reach: You need to reach the nearest railway station at Kathgodam which is 70 km from Mukteshwar. The nearest airport is Pantnagar Airport which is about 100 km. You can take a bus or drive your car, which will take around 8 hours and 30 minutes.
- Things to Do: On the backdrop of Pine, Oak, and Deodhar Trees, Mukteshwar is a place worth visiting for all nature lovers. You can visit Chauli ka Jali Temple, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, and so on.
Whether it is for leisure or adventure sports, or just to get away for a bit, the above-mentioned places will offer a memorable experience. So, grab your bags and head out to these 21 amazing places near Delhi for an experience you won’t forget. If you have any memories worth sharing, let us know in the comments below.
Book budget-friendly and safe Treebo hotels in Delhi now!