October is the month when monsoon finally bids adieu and we get to witness the brilliant colours of fall in India. The weather becomes pleasant and compatible for travel, numerous migratory birds from far off countries come to India to take respite from intense cold and nature displays myriad hues in the autumn season. The charming weather condition of October is apt for travel and if you’ve been contemplating about top destinations, here’s an ultimate list of 12 best places to visit in October in India. Sit back, relax, scroll through and update your list of must-visit destinations!
12 Best Places to Visit in October in India
One of the best places to visit in October in north India, Agra exudes a perpetual charm on locals and tourists from other cities or countries. Get smitten by the incredible beauty of the Taj Mahal, the sheer magnificence of Fatehpur Sikri, Buland Darwaza and other historic monuments, and relish the mouthwatering street food in Agra. Don’t forget to shop for Agra ka petha, handicraft, leather products and more during your trip! Book a safe stay with Treebo hotels in Agra and enjoy an amazing vacation here.
- How to reach Agra:
- By Air: Kheria Airport is the nearest airport to Agra
- By Rail: Agra Cantt is the nearest railway station to Agra
- By Road: Taj Express Highway or Yamuna Expressway is the best route to reach Agra
- Best places to visit in Agra: Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri, Agra Fort, Itimad-ud-daulah’s Tomb, Akbar’s Tomb, Jama Masjid Agra
- Best time to visit Agra: October to March
Although an amazing place to visit all year round, Nainital in October is incredible as it prepares itself to welcome fall with open arms. Tourist footprint reduces in this month owing to the upcoming winters, making it one of the best places to visit in October in India. Spend your day strolling around the scintillating eye-shaped Naini Lake and other nearby lakes and relish some delectable street food in Nainital. Enjoy a cosy holiday in this gorgeous destination and book a safe stay with Treebo hotels in Nainital.
- How to reach Nainital:
- By Air: Pantnagar Airport is the nearest airport to Nainital
- By Rail: Kathgodam Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Nainital
- By Road: Take a bus till Kathgodam and then you can share a cab or taxi to Nainital.
- Best places to visit in Nainital: Bhimtal, Naukuchiatal, Nainital, Eco Cave Garden, Mall Road, Nainital Zoo
- Best time to visit Nainital: All year round
Mysore in October enjoys amazing weather enchanting tourists from various parts of the country and the world to plan a holiday here. On the one hand, it enthrals you with the opulent palaces and the rich heritage preserved safely in the various museums. On the other hand, the bewitching beauty of various gardens, Krishna Raja Sagar Dam and other religious sites never fail to captivate you. Take a break and travel to one of the best places to visit in October in South India and book a stress-free stay with Treebo hotels in Mysore.
- How to reach Mysore:
- By Air: Bangalore International Airport is the nearest airport to Mysore
- By Rail: Mysore Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Mysore
- By Road: You can reach Mysore by road via KSRTC buses or private taxi within 3 hours from Bangalore
- Best places to visit in Mysore: Mysore Railway Museum, Mysore Palace, Mysore Zoo, Srirangapatna, Brindavan Gardens
- Best time to visit Mysore: October to February
If strolling aimlessly in less-crowded beaches and exploring the nearby sites is your kind of vacation, we strongly recommend visiting Diu this October. Calm, serene and gorgeous, Diu is a perfect destination to relax and unwind. Apart from numerous beaches to satiate your love for the sand and the sea, Diu also has many churches, temples and forts for you to visit. Diu undoubtedly tops the list of best places to visit in october in India so plan a long, rejuvenating vacation here.
- How to reach Diu:
- By Air: Diu Airport is the nearest airport to Diu
- By Rail: Varaval Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Diu
- By Road: You can take a taxi to travel via road to Diu
- Best places to visit in Diu: Diu Fort, Saint Paul’s Church, Jalandhar Beach, Diu Museum
- Best time to visit Diu: October to February
5. Ajanta & Ellora Caves
Time travel to the period from 2nd century BCE to 600 CE visiting the most popular destination in Maharashtra – Ajanta and Ellora Caves. Exemplary surviving examples of ancient Indian art, the Ajanta and Ellora Caves house the finest paintings, rock-cut sculptures, artwork and monuments of Buddhism and Jainism. One of the best places to visit in October in Maharashtra, Ajanta and Ellora Caves gift you with pleasant weather in this month and enthral you with their exquisite art and architecture.
- How to reach Ajanta & Ellora Caves:
- By Air: Chikalthana Airport is the nearest airport to Ajanta & Ellora Caves
- By Rail: Jalgaon Railway Station Agra Cantt is the nearest railway station to Ajanta & Ellora Caves
- By Road: You can take a taxi to reach Ajanta & Ellora Caves from Aurangabad
- Best places to visit in Ajanta & Ellora Caves: Grishneshwar Temple, Buddhist Caves, Jain Caves
- Best time to visit Ajanta & Ellora Caves: October to March
Another popular and sought-after destination of the south, Alleppey sees an increased tourist footprint in October owing to its pleasant weather and perennial beauty. By the end of monsoon, all water bodies are filled to brim allowing you to enjoy a cosy houseboat stay with your family. You can also plan beach picnics in the popular beaches, gorge on some scrumptious street food in Alleppey or checkout the best shopping places here. Truly one of the best places to visit in October in India with kids, Alleppey offers everything you need for a splendid vacation.
What are you waiting for? Book a safe stay in Treebo hotels in Alleppey right away!
- How to reach Alleppey:
- By Air: Cochin International Airport is the nearest airport to Alleppey
- By Rail: Alleppey Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Alleppey
- By Road: You can take State Transport buses or book a private taxi to reach Alleppey via road
- Best places to visit in Alleppey: Marari Beach, Alappuzha Beach, Shree Krishna Swamy Temple, Alleppey Lighthouse
- Best time to visit Alleppey: October to February
Situated on the banks of Sabarmati river, Ahmedabad is famous for its vibrant and warm culture, dainty delicacies, colourful outfits and amazing architecture. Post monsoon (which ends in September), the city experiences a fairly pleasing weather and tops the chart for best places to visit in October in India with family. Spend an eventful day visiting the Sabarmati Ashram, or check out the various temples, artistically built monuments, fort, lake and much more. Enjoy authentic Gujarati street food and shop for the colourful outfits in the various bazaars of Ahmedabad.
Book a safe stay with Treebo hotels in Ahmedabad for the best stay experience.
- How to reach Ahmedabad:
- By Air: Ahmedabad Airport is the nearest airport to Ahmedabad
- By Rail: Ahmedabad Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Ahmedabad
- By Road: You can take the state transport buses or book a private cab to visit Ahmedabad via road
- Best places to visit in Ahmedabad: Sabarmati Ashram, Kankaria Lake, Adalaj Stepwell, Bhadra Fort
- Best time to visit Ahmedabad: October to February
Kolkata is synonymous to Durga Puja and the October is the time when the city lits up in vibrant colours to welcome its favourite deity – Ma Durga. The climate is cool and perfect to spend more time outside. You can traverse the busy streets bustling with myriad shops serving the best street food, visit the breathtaking architecture dotting the city, indulge in some heritage tram trips to enjoy the old world charm or simply spend an evening in the cafes in Kolkata. Book a safe stay in Treebo hotels in Kolkata while vacationing in one of the best places to visit in October in India.
- How to reach Kolkata:
- By Air: Kolkata Airport is the nearest airport to Kolkata
- By Rail: Kolkata Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Kolkata
- By Road: Kolkata is well connected to nearby cities via road
- Best places to visit in Kolkata: Victoria Memorial, Howrah Bridge, India Museum, Dakshineshwar Kali Temple
- Best time to visit Kolkata: October to March
Another superb destination from God’s Own Country, Kerala, Thekkady is a perfect option if you are looking for the best places to visit in October in India for couples. End of September bids adieu to monsoons and welcomes autumn with open arms, paving the way for all the nature lovers and couples to holiday in the alluring premises of the city. Head out for a jungle safari in Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary or visit the various gardens and parks here. Overall, Thekkady promises you a cosy and relaxing vacation. Book your stay with Treebo hotels in Thekkady for a safe and stress-free experience.
- How to reach Thekkady:
- By Air: Madurai Airport is the nearest airport to Thekkady
- By Rail: Kottayam Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Thekkady
- By Road: You can reach Thekkady via road from nearby cities like Kottayam, Cochin etc by booking a provite cab or using the Kerala State Transport buses
- Best places to visit in Thekkady: Elephant Junction, Thekkady Rose Park, Periyar National Park, Anakkara
- Best time to visit Thekkady: October to February
If you’ve been searching for the best places to visit in October in north India, Srinagar is the destination we highly recommend. Visit the capital city of the “Paradise on Earth” Srinagar, this October to vacation at one-of-its-kind locales. Take a boat ride or stay in a houseboat to witness the breathtaking beauty of the Dal Lake, sip a cup of kahwah in the local cafe, savour the delicious Kashmiri dishes or take a tour of Srinagar on your pace, soaking in the alluring vistas of the city.
- How to reach Srinagar:
- By Air: Sheikh ul Alam Airport or Srinagar Airport is the nearest airport to Srinagar
- By Rail: Jammu Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Srinagar
- By Road: You can take JKSRTC buses to Jammu from nearby cities as it is well connected by road
- Best places to visit in Srinagar: Dal Lake, Shalimarbagh Mughal Garden, Pari Mahal
- Best time to visit Srinagar: April to October
Manali is another marvellous destination in the list of best places to visit in October in India. Although a perfect getaway to visit all year round, Manali transforms into its best self at the onset of fall in October. From backpackers, honeymooners, couples to adventure sports lovers, Manali caters to the interest of every kind of traveller! The gorgeous valley surrounded by magnificent Himalayas is also famous for its delicious street food, shopping places and a number of adventure activities like paragliding, mountaineering and rafting. Whether you visit the place with your partner or plan a power-packed adventurous trip, Manali will never fail to charm you!
- How to reach Manali:
- By Air: Bhuntar Airport is the nearest airport to Manali
- By Rail: Pathankot Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Manali
- By Road: You can take local buses or taxi to Manali from nearby cities as it is well connected via road
- Best places to visit in Manali: Mall Road, Hadimba Devi Temple, Beas River, Manikaran Gurudwara, Jogini Falls
- Best time to visit Agra: October to June
Goa is not just the party capital of India but also an exciting getaway for a rejuvinating holiday amid beaches. Whether you travel solo, with friends, partner or family, you cannot help but be smitten by the bewitching beauty of Goa. Party hard in the clubs and pubs of North Goa or revel in the tranquillty of South Goa, the choice is yours. The pleasant temperatures and the end-of-monsoon charm makes it one of the awesome places to visit in October in India. Choose Treebo hotels in Goa for a safe and cosy stay and explore the place to your heart’s content.
- How to reach Goa:
- By Air: Dabolim Airport is the nearest airport to Goa
- By Rail: Margao Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Goa
- By Road: Goa is well connected to various nearby cities via National Highways
- Best places to visit in Goa: Chapora Fort, Basilica of Bom Jesus, Cabo de Rama Fort, Calangute Beach, Arambol Beach, Butterfly Beach
- Best time to visit Goa: October to February
That’s all wanderlusting trippers! We’ve collated the list of best places to visit in October in India only for you. Book your safe stays with Treebo and travel to your favourite destinations. Don’t forget to let us know about your experiences in the comments section.