Hyderabad is the place that has a lot in store to offer you. Besides the beautiful waterfalls, information technology hub, delicious food, and amazing sight view, Hyderabad is also famous for the vast collection of beautiful churches. There are many churches in Hyderabad that enhances the beauty of the place.
These beautiful churches witness a large number of visitors all around the world. Some are attracted towards the beauty of these churches while some are seen attracted towards the pure and calm surrounding of the place.
14 Out of the Beauty Churches in Hyderabad
1. St. George’s Church
This is one of the oldest churches in Hyderabad and is well-known for its vintage look. It has been declared as the heritage building in Hyderabad.
This place is visited by people of all age groups to enjoy the peaceful environment that this place provides to the people. Understanding the number of visitors visiting the place, the church has been restored to a new look.
- Address: King Koti Road, King Koti, Abids, Hyderabad
- Nearby attractions/visits: Hussain Sagar, Golkonda Fort, Chowmahalla Palace
Also Read : A Complete List of Things & Places Hyderabad Is Famous For
2. St Joseph’s Cathedral
The church is made attractive with all the attractions. The beautiful structure of the church from the inside as well as from the outside stands distinguished over many other churches nearby. The church is beautiful from inside as well as from the outside having a capacity to shelter a large number of people.
- Address: Abids, Gun Foundry, Hyderabad
- Nearby attractions/visits: Gunfoundry, Deccan Haj tourist
3. Centenary Methodist Church
If we are talking about the famous churches in Hyderabad then Centenary Methodist Church has to be on the list. It is one of the largest known churches in Hyderabad and is extremely popular.
The church has been designed in order to accommodate a large number of devotees. The interiors are worth consideration and are a visual treat to the people.
- Address: Chapel Road, Nampally, Fateh Maidan Lane, Mahesh Nagar Colony, Abids, Hyderabad
- Nearby attractions/visits: Hyderabad travels
Also Read : 11 Great Hill Stations Near Hyderabad For A Perfect Getaway
4. St. Thomas Marthoma Church
This church is one “famous church in Hyderabad” because of the beautiful sight that it offers t the devotees. The calm environment near the church is the only thing that one needs to calm themselves from the daily routines stress. The interior of the church will also make you appreciate the beauty.
- Address: CH. 740, HUDA Colony, Chanda Nagar, Hyderabad
- Nearby attractions/visits: Laxmi Ganesh temple, Ganesh temple, Shirdi Sai Baba temple
5. All Saints Church
This church was made in the 18th century by the British people. During the early days, the place was visited by the army people which later was made open to the general public as well. The entrance of the church is designed with a beautiful glass altar with Christ on it.
- Address: All Saints Road, Trimulgherry, Secunderabad, Hyderabad
- Nearby attractions/visits: Holy family church, Garrison Wesley Church
6. St. Alphonsus Catholic Church
The church which is located in the centre of the city is one of the most peaceful places one can visit in the city. The surroundings of the church are so beautifully designed that the tourists are mesmerized by the beauty of the place. The clean and open area around the place also adds charm.
- Address: 9, Road, GS Nagar, Nandi Nagar, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
- Nearby attractions/visits: Buddha Statue
7. Hebron Church
The tourists visiting this church are all seen happy and satisfied with the services and benefits offered. The calm and peaceful environment is the biggest attraction of this famous church in Hyderabad. The church is also known to give spiritual lessons to the people who visit the place.
The overall experience of visiting this place is amazing and will be worth consideration in the lifetime.
- Address: 1-1-574, Golconda Cross Road, Musheerabad, Hyderabad
- Nearby attractions/visits: Sitaram Swami temple, Bethesda Prayer house
Also read : 17 Things to Do in Hyderabad To Feel Like A Local
8. Millenium Methodist Church
This could be called as the best church in Hyderabad as it has inspired many youngsters to be a part of the services offered. It was earlier just a small chapel which was given the form of a large church later when the number of devotees increased in the place.
This church is also famous for the amazing and breath-taking performances done by the youngsters at the time of Easter and Christmas.
- Address: SD Road, Regimental Bazaar, Shivaji Nagar, Secunderabad, Hyderabad
- Nearby attractions/visits: Clocktower
9. St. Mary’s Church
This church needs no introduction as it is one of the most popular ones in Hyderabad. This church could be called as the famous church in Hyderabad as it witnesses a large number of devotees every year.
It is one of the attractions in Hyderabad. The beauty of the church can be seen with the huge statue of the mother Mary holding Jesus Christ in her arms.
- Address: Road no 3, Regimental Bazaar, Shivaji Nagar, Secunderabad, Hyderabad
- Nearby attractions/visits: Oxford plaza, clock tower, Hare Krishna temple
10. St. John’s The Baptist Church
The church was built in the year 1813 and is still one of the well-known churches in Hyderabad. The church is well made with the amazing use of the surrounding space.
The large space of the church ensures that it can be well-suited to accommodate a large number of devotees at a single time. It was also visited by the British forces in the early days but later was made open for the local resident of the place.
- Address: E Maredpally Rd, East Nehru Nagar, East Marredpally, Secunderabad, Hyderabad
- Nearby attractions/visits: Arul colony church, Medha Vidya Mandir, Shri Chamunda Deshware Temple
11. Wesley Church
The church is known for its vintage interiors and therefore is one of the most popular and sacred churches in Hyderabad.
The place offers the calmness and peace that the people expect when they visit such places. Services are offered in this church on every Sunday morning in different languages.
- Address: Tilak Road, Abids, Hyderabad
- Nearby attractions/visits: Shri Banda Maisamma Temple, Bhiloa Kishanammia temple, Chikulguda Temple
12. St. Francis Xavier Church
The church is located in the centre of the city and is visited by many devotees every single day. Despite being limited in space, the church is well-designed for offering the comfortable services to the people.
The people experience calmness and purity as they visit the church. The peaceful atmosphere of the church is also an attraction that adds to the beauty of this church.
- Address: Bhanu Estates, Yapral, Secunderabad, Telangana, Hyderabad
- Nearby attractions/visits: Yapral Mahankali Temple, Ayyappa Devasthanam, Bhoolaxmi Temple
These are some of the churches in Hyderabad that can offer you the required mental stability when in need of some calmness in the busy schedule of life. Let us know your experience of visiting these churches in the comment section below. Also, let us know if something is amiss.
Book budget-friendly and safe Treebo hotels in Hyderabad now!