When you’ve had enough of the hectic city life, Chandigarh & places to visit near Chandigarh will be heaven for you. This article has places that have all the things needed for a comfortable stay.
Tourist places to visit near Chandigarh are very popular given its lush greenery and wide roads which are lined with trees on both sides.
Without further ado, let us begin with the list of sites where you can find the epitome of beauty executed in magnificence. We’re all set to host you at the best hotels in Chandigarh.
Tourist Places near Chandigarh are-
There are several hill stations in Himachal Pradesh, one of which is Chail in the Solan district. Its virgin forests and salubrious beauty make it a popular tourist destination. It is 44 kilometers from Shimla and 45 kilometers from Solan and you can plan a visit accordingly.
You can visit – Chail Sanctuary, Mohan Shakti National Heritage, Stones Kumbh Shiv temple, beautiful gardens, and enjoy comfy peaceful hotels.
It is a small village with serene beauty, calm and absolute peace. Once you leave this place, you’d want to come back again and again. You’d miss it damn too much!
Tehri Dam, Eco Park, Burans Khanda, Snow adventure zone, JaiSem Nagaraja temple are the most popular sights here which are beyond words to describe.
3. Morni Hills
If you wish to give your eyes the pleasure of Himalayan flora, fauna, lakes, and views all in a single place, these hills near Panchkula are definitely one of the most amazing places to visit near Chandigarh.
You can even plan a hiking trip here and enjoy it with your friends and family. If you start by Panchkula, you can visit Asia’s biggest Cactus Garden.
A snowfall lover can enjoy the scenic beauty in winters here and a peace lover can roam and sing, enjoying the mesmerizing weather here. Solan is an underrated tourist place to visit.
However, it is now gaining popularity as “the mushroom city of India” and “the city of Red Gold” for the production of mushrooms & tomatoes respectively, and has several titles to its shoulders owing to numerous beautiful gardens. It is close to Shimla and Chandigarh.
One of the places to visit near Chandigarh, Kasauli has now started gaining popularity. It’s home to gabled colonial-era houses, orchards, and green-roofed Christ Church, dating from the mid-19th century.
A famous temple of Lord Hanuman which is believed to be created on his original footstep placed on a hilltop, better known as The Monkey point is a much talked about the site here. However, you must visit Sunset point for the most beautiful pictures, the Gilbert Nature Trail, the mall road, and churches here.
Kalka Mail is the most popular way to reach this small yet beautiful hill station and you could also start your trip from here.
Barog is on the UNESCO World Heritage Site Kalka–Shimla Railway. Set in the mountains, Barog is just 60 km from Chandigarh and is amongst the lesser-known places to visit near Chandigarh that is actually amazing to explore.
It is a quiet place and you must visit before the crowd finds it. Top sites to enlist here in Barog are- Dolanji Bon Monastery, Choor Chandani peak, Suketi fossil park, and the Camping grounds of Barog.
Queen of hills and queen of hearts, Shimala has always been a top hill station and a much-loved place for families, couples, and friends. it’s is famous for the Mall road- a pedestrian site, as well as the Lakkar Bazaar, a market specializing in wooden toys and crafts then handicraft shops, you can buy Himachali hats and Woolen items from here.
Shimla is surrounded by adorable pine and oak trees and can be a perfect place to spend your vacation, especially during the summers. If you’re visiting Chandigarh then you should surely check the 06 best weekend getaways from Chandigarh- Long Weekend Edition.
All about Chandigarh
Tourist Places in Chandigarh
- Sukhna Lake – A house to Cranes & Siberian ducks, this lake is one of the most attractive places here. Its clean, fresh, and spotless blue water doubles up the beauty.
- The Rock Garden – If you talk about tourist places in Chandigarh, Rock Garden has to be on the list for sure. Just 4 km from the city center, take you to this mesmerizing open-air expo.
- Museum of Evolution of life- Interested in Science or History or both? Check this out. The Museum has dedicated galleries for Astronomy, Archaeology, Pre-historic, and Geology creations and preserves. You can also feed your intellect enough as it has a reference library for your “I-Know-it-all” sharp brain.
- Chattbir Zoo- With a second name – Mahendra Choudhary Zoological Park, Chattbir is a park and zoo in one. You’ll get to see a vivid variety of species here including the Royal Bengal Tiger. The park ensures the retention of the natural habitat of the animals living here.
- Fun City- The biggest Water Amusement park in entire North India is on the list of best tourist places to visit in Chandigarh. It has got landing pools, wave pools, a cluster of water slides, activity pools, aqua dance, rafting slides and so many more of them. You must spend an entire day here and gonna thank God that you read it here!
- International Doll Museum- Here you’d find numerous eye-catching dolls from countries like Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Korea, and Russia along with a massive assemblage of Indian dolls. Don’t go by the name, the attractions here include toy trains, railway depictions, and other historical masterpieces.
“Quick list of Must-do-things in Places to visit near Chandigarh”
- Visiting the vibrant temples. Chandigarh and the sites near it have some amazing temples that you can’t miss. For instance, Do visit- Monkey point, Mansa Devi, Tara Devi temples, and a lot of others that you can explore. You should surely check 11 regional festivals of India you probably haven’t heard of.
- Ensuring to book different captivating hotels and resorts for a luxurious experience, starting from just INR 999.
- Adventorous activities like hiking, horse riding, and water rides in summers.
- Visiting Leisure Parks and Zoos for experiencing the rich flora & fauna of Indian hill-stations.