The National capital is enriched with some exceptional things to try for at some best popular destinations. A weekend in Delhi is, of course, a lucky affair and to take the best out of it; there are some activities that you must look out for. Delhi perfectly sums up your weekend through its exemplary options and some tremendous place to throng to. This list of things to do in Delhi this weekend is a perfect surprise!
Everyone has unique and different likings for various aspects and the National Capital understands that way too better. The below list features some of these prospects in an elaborative way which will help you enjoy your weekend in a unique manner altogether.
Weekend Activities and Things to Do in Delhi This Weekend
1. Go for a Heritage Walk
Delhi is a perfect example of treasure love as far as history and architecture are concerned. Embedded with a number of historical stories and the Mughal empire, a heritage walk on a weekend morning is the best thing one can ask for.
- Best place– Lodi Gardens, India Gate, Jama Masjid, Humayun’s tomb
- Speciality– The artworks of ancient India needs to be appreciated
2. Pick up an Adventurous Deal at Amusement Parks
Breaking your monotony and bringing you out of your comfort zone, an amusement park is an ideal option to accept on a weekend. Scream your lungs out on a roller coaster and eradicate the tensions like anything. You know what is the best part to be here? It is the fact that you can be a kid again!!
- Best place– Fun n Food Village, Adventure Island, Drizzling Land
- Speciality– Water Sports, Dance with the dancing fountains
3. Go on a Shopping Spree
The National Capital is perhaps one of the best places for shopaholics in India. From antiques to clothes, everything can be purchased in the major markets of Delhi. And believe it or not, you are going to be tested on your bargaining skills in these shopping destinations.
- Best Place– Sarojini Nagar, Lajpat Nagar, Kamla Nagar, Chandni Chowk, Connaught Place, Rajouri Garden
- Speciality– Best things can be availed at best prices
4. Go for a Cycle Ride
Participating in a bike or bicycle tour on a weekend is the best thing one can do on a weekend in Delhi. The best time and place to do this activity is in the morning on an empty road respectively.
- Best Place– Yamuna tour, Shah Jahan tour, Haveli tour
- Speciality– Witnessing the beauty of Delhi in the natural format, early morning
5. Try Open Air Gyms
The newly introduced open-air gyms are creating buzz everywhere. Well, you can use your weekend to ease off your week-long pressure and that too without any cost. Different gym apparatus has been placed by the Government; thus enabling all the sections of the society to reap its fore deals.
- Best Place– Open Air gyms have been initiated at the Lodi Garden and Nehru Park
- Speciality– Getting close to nature by increasing your health quotient
6. The Food Tour is a Must
A weekend in Delhi without the sumptuous street food is of no use. People in Delhi are carrying varied appetite and to satisfy their taste buds the National Capital is an apt place. From big hotels to the taste filled dhabas, Delhi has it all.
- Best place– Chandni Chowk, Khan Market, Mandi House, Darya Ganj, Connaught Place, Gol Market, Murthal
- Speciality– Parathewali Gali, Kebabs, Ram Ladoo, Aloo Puri, Samosa Chaat and so forth
7. Opt for a Film Screening
The week-long stress and tension must be eliminated for a fresh start in a fresh week. What can be a better option than viewing a film screening at a cinema house? Any perspective of that screening can pump you up with all positive vibes. There are a number of places in Delhi to relish the delicacy of different language films.
- Best place– Iron Curtain, Indian Habitat Centre, American Centre, Italian Cultural Institute
- Speciality– The latest movie screenings are an actually good step to remain way ahead
8. Coffee with Strangers
All day hanging out with great fun and enjoyment needs a break for sure. And if it is a coffee break; it’s the best. Visiting the best coffee stopover and interacting with the travel enthusiasts while having cookies is a superb way to gear up again.
- Best place– The coolest place in Delhi is the Kunzum Travel Café wherein all you need to do is share your travel experience and leave the coffee house by paying whatever you feel like.
- Speciality– Innovation driven place to hang out with friends
9. Go Clubbing
A weekend evening is incomplete without becoming a party pooper. Do visit a club or a bar and hit the floor with some quality music. The chilled beer and a beautiful interior are all that you need to end up your day in a splendid way.
- Best Place– A variety of clubs and pubs around Delhi
- Speciality– Relax, chill and have a drink with friends
10. Thrilling Adventurous Sports Session
Go one step ahead and experience a thrilling time altogether. Adventure lovers can go to fulfil their dream of flying high by opting out for paragliding. Paintball is another exciting option to look out for in Delhi on your weekends.
- Best place– Shootout Zone, Rock climbing session and air safari at various heritage centres.
- Speciality– Adventure sports within the city
Residing in the national capital is nothing less than a blessing. You might have enjoyed your weekend in an above-discussed manner. If yes, we would love to hear from you in our comments section below. If no, then gear up for the coming weekend and let us know if we have missed on something in the above list.