The mass novel coronavirus outbreak across the globe has citizens and travellers on edge. The health officials all over the world are urging caution and suggesting preventive measures, trying to reduce panic and perplexion among people. Coronavirus pandemic has spread to more than 200 countries and over 178,000 people have succumbed to this deadly virus. Here are some important facts and safety tips for you to stay safe during coronavirus pandemic.
Facts about Coronavirus
- The novel Coronavirus (nCoV) is a newly identified strain in the Coronavirus family that is extremely infectious.
- Coronaviruses affect the respiratory systems, the symptoms of which include breathing difficulties, cough, fever and breathlessness. The symptoms can take 2 to 14 days to show.
- Coronaviruses can affect anyone, anywhere regardless of their ethnicity or race.
- Coronavirus spreads from the affected person through nasal droplets while coughing or sneezing, direct contact (handshakes), touching something with the virus and immediately touching the eyes, mouth or nose without washing hands or through saliva droplets produced while coughing.
Tips to Stay Safe Amidst novel Coronavirus Pandemic
The best way to prevent yourself from contracting this virus is practising social distancing and staying at home. If you have to step out of your house for emergencies, here are some safety tips to follow to help minimise your chance of contracting the deadly novel coronavirus CoVID-19.
- Hand Hygiene: Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Washing your hands for at least 20 seconds cleans most of the germs present on your hands.
- Respiratory Hygiene: Always cover your nose and mouth with your elbow or cloth while sneezing or coughing. Novel coronavirus spreads majorly through the nasal and saliva droplets of sneeze and cough.
- Social Distancing: Do not come in close contact or touch any person whether or not they are affected by the virus. Maintain at least 3-feet distance from people always.
- Call your doctor in case of fever/cold: In case you observe symptoms like fever, cough or breathing difficulties, stay at home and call your doctor immediately.
- Separate yourself from others: In case you observe any symptoms similar to CoVID-19, stay away from other people. Constantly clean and disinfect all the surfaces frequently touched you and ask a healthy member to do the same for other areas.
- Wear a cloth face cover when meeting others: Always wear a cloth face cover while meeting others. Do not use face masks meant for healthcare workers.
Follow these tips to reduce your chances of contracting the virus. Also, keep your self hydrated and drink plenty of warm water. Do not forget to carry a hand sanitizer and tissues wherever you travel. For more information on coronavirus or CoVID-19, frequently visit