Mumbai is not only known as the financial capital of India, instead, it is the home to some of the most protected harbours in India. This is the place where tourists and locale can witness the magical sunset and sunrise.
The Arabian Sea, the Sands and the sight of the horizon and a perfect sunset, makes the beaches of Mumbai truly magical and must-visit tourist destination in Mumbai. In the midst of fast-paced city lifestyle, Mumbai the city that never sleeps is the home to some of the serene and beautiful beaches that are worth visiting.
From happening, crowded, noisy beaches to narrow, quiet and pollute-free beaches, there are a number of beaches which you must mention on your to-do list when you are in Mumbai next time. But, not all beaches are worth visit as some of the beaches are heavy crowded and polluted by the tourists and locales. So, to narrow down your search and make your beach visit in Mumbai memorable here is the list of best and clean beaches in Mumbai.
The Top 7 Cleanest Beach in Mumbai
Though most of the beaches in Mumbai are crowded, polluted and nosier, there are some of the which can enhance your experience of watching the beautiful horizon and mesmerizing sunset. All the beaches mentioned in the list are carefully selected based on its cleanliness.
All the beaches are either located in Mumbai or near Mumbai and they are hypnotising, so as to make your visit a smashing success.
1. Madh Island Beach
Madh Island is one of the popular and Cleanest Beaches Near Mumbai which is also known as the scheduled beach in the north-west region of the city. Being the part of fishing villages in Malad, the Madh Island is surrounded by the mangroves on all the sides.
Swimming is not allowed, but there are other activities which you can enjoy during your visit. This beach has Malad Creek on the east and the Arabian Sea on the west which gives you panoramic views.
This beach is well connected by roads and also stays the popular spot for hosting parties by upper-class of the city. The beach is also surrounded by a number of food joints making it a paradise for all seafood lovers.
- Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit is during the evening
- Activities: Visiting the popular Portuguese watchtower constructed in the 17th Century, the 16th-century church St. Bonaventure, Erangal Beach bear by and 5-Star resorts where you can enjoy mouth-watering seafood.
2. Juhu Beach
This is another of the popular and crowded beaches in Mumbai, owing to its close proximity to some of the luxurious hotels, celebrity homes, 5-Star restaurants and plenty of shopping hubs.
This beach is surrounded by some of the popular accommodation facilities and luxury hotels and it is also bordered by fast-food stalls where you can enjoy chessy pav bhaji, fresh ice candy in different flavours. You can also enjoy the sights of aircraft landing at the airport is located close to this beach.
If you want to get closer to the nature in Mumbai, then this is the place that can offer you solace you desire for. The Juhu ISKON temple is located in the vicinity which you can visit in the evening after exploring the beach.
- Best Time to Visit: You can visit this beach any time of the day.
- Activities to Enjoy: You can enjoy Yoga Sessions on Sunday, play games like volleyball, camel and horse riding, jogging, exercising and enjoying food the seaside food stalls.
3. Aksa Beach
The beach with brown sand, Aksa Beach is the most visited clean beach in Mumbai which is bordered by lush coconut palms and beautiful brown sand and this beach is widely popular for its serenity and idyllic quietness.
The beach is located close to Malad and Borivali in Mumbai and this beach in Mumbai is off the beaten path and popular amongst the younger generation. The beach has few private resorts where you can book your accommodation during your visit to Mumbai.
There are water activities but the current and flow are very high, thereby it is recommended not to indulge in any water activity, instead, you can take a stroll alongside the coastline of beach on the brown sand.
- Best Time to Visit: You can visit the beach throughout the day, but to experience the sights of mesmerizing sunset you must visit the beach between 5-6PM
- Activities: Collecting Seashells, Sit on Beach Coastline, relax in private resorts close to the beach. Swimming in Aksa beach is strictly prohibited due to its waves and high current.
4. Gorai Beach
This is the less visited and less crowded beach in Mumbai that can be reached easily with a ferry ride from Malad or Borivali. This is one of the peaceful and Clean Beaches in Mumbai and considered to be the college-goers Mecca. This is a black sand beach that you can reach by road.
This beach is close to Essel World Amusement Park and Waterpark and remains the top destination to spend weekends in the luxury cottages which is lined in the beachfront. If you want to experience the mesmerizing views of sunset and sunrise, then this is the park that worth your visit. You can drive to the beach or take a ferry to reach this place. This beach is less crowded even during weekends and it is considered to be the best destination for a weekend picnic.
- Best Time to Visit: The Best time to visit the beach is before 6 PM and to stay overnight there are accommodation facilities
- Activities: Frolic in the Waves, Sit back and relax, taking a moonlit stroll, swimming
5. Uran Beach
This is the less polluted beach in Mumbai that is strategically located at the end stretch of Navi Mumbai. The Uran beach actually falls between the Karjat and Panvel region and away from the maddening city life. It is a quiet beach which gives you ample opportunities to take a break from the hustle and bustle of your daily life.
This place is known for offering hypnotizing views of the sunset, the sand and the sea. Here the visitors can also enjoy the sights of remains of Karanja Fort and also the distance view of the South Mumbai, thereby making you lose yourself to the serene views that this beach has to offer.
It is one of the Cleanest Beaches Near Mumbai which worth your visit during your beach tour in Mumbai. The villages close to the village offers ample watching options and you can also explore the historic forts that are located in the surroundings of the beach.
- Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit this beach is anytime during the day. If you want to enjoy the sunset views, then the best time is between 4-6 PM
- Activities: Sit and Relax by the coastline of the beach, swimming, strolling alongside the beach
6. Erangal Beach
This is one of the popular and Clean Beaches in Mumbai which is located in Madh about 25 minutes drive away from Malad City local train station. This beach is less visited and explored by the tourists and it claims to offer you emerald, clean, and striking waters.
This will truly help you relish and get peace of mind after a hectic maddening city lifestyle. This beach is located strategically alongside the fishing village and bordered by the hills and paddy fields. The beach claims to stay empty during the weekends.
- Best Time to Visit: You can visit anytime during the day and mostly on weekends for a short trip away from the hustle and bustle of the maddening city life
- Activities: Swimming, Strolling along the beach, enjoying moonlit strolls and exploring the nearby market
7. Kalamb Beach
Away from the hustle and bustle of the city life of Mumbai is the quiet and calming Kalamb Beach which is located close to Nalaspora. This is one of the Clean Beaches Near Mumbai as it is yet unexplored by most of the people in Mumbai and it is considered to be the paradise away from the bustling city life.
This is the ultimate beach for lazing strolls alongside the coastline. Tourists come here to take lazy naps and wake up with the mesmerizing sunset in the evening. It is surrounded by great food joints which make your day at the beach worthwhile.
- Best Time to Visit: Weekends, or anytime in the evening to view to beautiful sunset
- Activities: Relaxing, walking along the beach and taking the dip in the clean water
These are some of the top-notch clean beaches in Mumbai that one needs to surely make a visit to. For those who love the beaches, this is a golden opportunity not to be missed. There are many other beaches in this dream city, but we’ve mentioned the best ones for those who love it clean.
In case, you have a suggestion, we are free to take that! Do not forget to share your personal experiences with these beaches in the comments section we have below. For those who feel, we’ve missed out on something, do not hesitate to let us know!