Mumbai is blessed to have soulful and serene beaches on its coastlines. While some of them are best for de-stress, relaxation, and entertainment. The beautiful sunrise and sunset are the magical experience one can get here.
Mumbai being home to many people in the country provide the luxury to feel them in less time. It not only rejuvenates your soul but also gives you the direction to see the world from different view apart from the busy life of Mumbai. For the best beach in Mumbai, you can have a handful of options.
Those beaches are beautiful, soothing, mesmerizing, and full of spirit. They take you to a different page of life, from where the return isn’t easy. So if you are willing to take out time from the hectic schedule and sit by the side of the beach, gazing the people, here is the list of best serene beaches in Mumbai you can go any evening or mooring.
Soul Soothing Beaches in Mumbai
1. Juhu Beach
Surrounded by the Arabic sea, and stretched to six kilometres to Versova beach. Juhu beach is the most affluent areas in Mumbai. It gives you the best glimpse of public on weekends or holidays as it is considered one of the best beaches to visit in Mumbai.
Being the popular tourist attraction, it provides you with the “Mumbai style” food i.e. Bhelpuri, Sevpuri, and pani puri at the vendors nearby. While sitting at the Juhu beach, you can enjoy the dancing monkeys, cricket matches, toys sellers, etc which are sure to enthral the crowd.
- How to reach- Well connected by taxi or buses. The nearest railway stations are Santacruz, Andheri and Vile Parle
- Places to visit nearby- Italian restaurants like Don Giovanni, penne etc and, Gandhi Gram, is best for children to often enjoy their time in sports
- Things to do- Enjoy the fresh air by jogging; cycling or walking down on the water line will fill your spirit with energy and zeal
2. Aksa Beach
Best defined for its idyllic quietness, Aksa beach is set against the backdrop of coconut trees in the background. The highlight of the beach is the clean sand. Solitude is the state of mind here, while the commercial activates takes the back seat here.
Walking the lane barefoot during the sunset or sunrise is the must-do thing and letting the breeze to touch your foot adds the tranquil surroundings. Clear sand in Aksa beach is the highlight, which makes it one of the best beach in Mumbai.
- How to reach- Accessible from Malad station or via bus or auto rickshaw, it’s easy to reach
- Places to visit nearby- Rent a room in nearby hotel or resorts and enjoy the silence
- Things to do- Walking bare-foot are the must-do thing at Aksa beach
3. Versova Beach
Idle for swimming and jogging, the Versova beach is northwards from Juhu beach. Though, separated by a creek, Versova beach is one of the breeziest beaches in Mumbai, which makes it the best beach in Mumbai.
To enjoy the time, the best thing is to capture the fish auction that takes place daily. Also if you are water sports enthusiasts, then Snorkeling is something you would definitely enjoy.
- How to reach- Nearest railways station is Andheri and a taxi to Versova beach would work great.
- Places to visit nearby- Siddhivinayak Temple, Mount Mary Church of Bandra and the Jain temple.
- Things to do- Photography of the fish auction and Snorkeling in the water.
4. Dadar Chowpatty Beach
One of the less visited by the tourist but enjoyed by locals. Dadar Chowpatty Beach is one of the peaceful and less crowded beaches in Mumbai. An evening walk, jogging is the best thing a man can do here with enjoying the quaintness of the beach.
Situated at Dadar, as the name suggests, the place is well connected with railways and road transports. The place is also best to enjoy the sunrise and sunset of the busy city, Mumbai. It is surely one of the best beach in Mumbai.
- How to reach- Dadar railway station is nearest and a taxi later to Dadar Chowpatty Beach
- Places to visit nearby- Marine Drive, Shivaji Park
- Things to do- An evening walk can work well
5. Gorai Beach
One of the most popular and silent beaches in Mumbai is Gorai beach. Easily accessible via ferry or road, the beach is one of the popular attractions for tourist. The major highlight of the beach is the Essel World and the Water Kingdom, which is 3-4 kilometre away from the beach.
It is one of the highly recommended beaches as it has ample variety of hotel and five-star resorts to enjoy the weekends or holidays. It undoubtedly deserves to be a part of the best beach in Mumbai list.
- How to reach- A ferry-ride from Borivali or Malad. Else a road via Bhayender will reach you to Gorai beach
- Places to visit nearby- Essel World and the Water Kingdom are best to enjoy nearby
- Things to do- Rent a hotel or resort nearby and enjoy the quaintness
6. Madh Island Beach
Apart from fishing cluster villages, Madh island beaches are one of the most isolated beaches in Mumbai. A watchtower, which is a breathtaking structure at the beach, was built by the Portuguese in early 17th.
Covered with mangroves, the beach is beautiful in and out, if you are looking for some quality time to enjoy with family. The location of Madh island beach makes it one of the most famous beaches in Mumbai.
- How to reach- The nearest railways station is the Malad station to the beach. A ferry ride after will reach you to the Madh island beach
- Places to visit nearby- St. Bonaventure church
- Things to do- Take a stroll barefoot on the beach side
7. Marve Beach
To see the uncanny resemblance of Goa, Marve beach is the must-go place. Filled with cashew nuts groves, the place is native to Mumbai catholic. Just a ferry ride away from Gorai and Manori beaches, the Marve beach is best to enjoy the medieval Portuguese churches. Besides, the place has a magnificent view of sunrise and sunset.
Well connected via a ferry ride to an amusement park, Essel world, and the Global Vipassana Pagoda is beautiful at night, which makes Marve Beach one of the best beach in Mumbai.
- How to reach – Malad is the nearest railway station and the BEST bus services can drop you to the beach
- Places to visit nearby- Portuguese churches, Essel World
- Things to do- Enjoy the life in between Catholics
8. Chowpatty Beach
One of the most popular beaches in Mumbai is the Chowpatty beach, which is immensely popular for the local delicacies i.e. Sev Puri, Bhelpuri, Panipuri etc. walking down the lane, the sight of the Queen’s Necklace is one of the satisfactory views, one can have at the end of the day at the Chowpatty beach.
The other attraction is the monkey, camel, or horse ride, which are sure to enthral you and the crowd. Make sure you visit this beast beach in Mumbai.
- How to reach – Churchgate and Charni Road stations are the nearest railway station to Chowpatty beach
- Places to visit nearby- Babulnath temple, Taraporewala aquarium
- Things to do- Enjoy the horse and camel ride and capture the surrounding in your camera
9. Manori Beach
One of the not-touched beaches in Mumbai is the Manori beach. Situated little away from Marve beach, the Manori beach is a beautiful and one-stop destination for people looking for solace.
Covered with cashew nuts and mangrove trees, the beach is clean, quaint and one of the less visited beaches, which make it one of the best beaches to Mumbai.
- How to reach-Malad is the nearest railways station and a ferry ride from Madh island beach can drop you to Manori beach
- Places to visit nearby- Marve beach is nearby to explore the area
- Things to do- Rent a hotel or resort nearby and enjoy the tranquillity
10. Uran Beach
Banked from the three sides, Uran beach is basically a fishing village. But it is one of the unexplored beaches in Mumbai, which make it the hidden gem in the busy city.
So if you are willing to spend some time away from the hustle-bustle of the city, then Uran beach is the best place to visit, which can be reached by road or train easily. This is one of the perfect and best beach in Mumbai.
- How to reach-Direct train to Panvel and an auto from there can reach you to the Uran beaches
- Places to visit nearby- Pirwadi beach and a temple of Lord Shiva are best to hang out nearby
- Things to do- Explore the hidden gem in the city
11. Alibag Beach
One of the popular beaches near Mumbai is the Alibag Beach. It is quaint, clean and the best place to rejuvenate your soul. An unhurried place is a home to numerous beaches like Kihim, Aakshi, Varsoli and many more. A long stretch makes it an ideal place to hang out for families and friend.
The beach’s beauty is uplifted with the hard-textured sand and rocks which becomes the tempting thing for the people visiting Alibag beach.
- Distance- The beach is 92.1 Kilometers approximately from Mumbai
- How to reach- Well connected via road, but also can be reached by train, Panvel is the nearest railway station.
- Places to visit nearby- Family beaches like Varsoli, Aakshi, and Kihim.
- Things to do- Capture the view and relax
12. Daman Beach
Famous for its colonial architecture, Daman is one of the coolest beaches on the west coast of India. Covered with coconut trees and beautiful forts, the place has a milder climate than Diu. Filled with seafood delicacies, the place is best to enjoy with family and friends.
Attached are the Devka and Jampore beaches, are the free gateway to empty your mind. Well connected to the road, air, and railway, the place is easy to reach and relax.
- Distance- The beach is 170.4 kilometres approximately from Mumbai
- How to reach- The nearest airport is at Surat and a train on the Mumbai-Gujrat border, Vapi is the best to reach the place
- Places to visit nearby- Amazing beaches Jampore and Devka are best to enjoy
- Things to do- Eat, drink, and refresh your soul
13. Kashid Beach
Known for its clear water and view, Kashid beach is the best beach around Mumbai for people who are fond of old architectures. The place is held between Revdanda and Korlai fort to its north and Murud Janjira fort to its south. The place is calm and serene.
Much explored by people, Kashid beach is best to enjoy in high tides which are majorly in November- February. Also makes it a surfer’s palace.
- Distance- The beach is 122.3 Kilometers approximately via MH SH 104
- How to reach- Roha is the closest railway station to reach the destination
- Places to visit nearby- Revdanda, Korlai Fort and Murud Janjira Fort
- Things to do- Surf in water
14. Kalamb Beach
One of the surreal views at the Kalamb beach is the highlight of this place. Majorly unexplored by people, the beach is isolated with has semi-thick black sand and very less hotel and resorts on its side.
One of the best beaches to stay at night is Kalamb beach because the roads to the beach are covered with shady trees, which mark the breathtaking view of the destination. It is one of the best beach in Mumbai.
- Distance- The beach is 67 Kilometers approximately via NH79
- How to reach- Can be reached via western railway, Nalasopara and further via auto rickshaw
- Places to visit nearby- Cafes and restaurants for seafood delicacies
- Things to do- Enjoy the sunset and hear the voice of tides at the quaint Kalamb Beach
15. Mandwa Beach
One of the most explored beaches in Mumbai is the Mandwa beach. Embed with ample variety of water sports, makes the Mandwa beach one of the best beaches to visit in Mumbai. The place is visited by people to relax in tranquillity and empty the heavy mind.
Easily connected with a jetty and ferry ride from the gateway of India, makes Mandwa beach one of the amazing and best beach in Mumbai for a day outing.
- Distance- The beach is 117 km road trip with approximately 2 hours drive time
- How to reach-Jetty or ferry ride from Gateway of India
- Places to visit nearby- Alibag beach is nearest to Mandwa beach
- Things to do- Water sports like bumper rides, surfboarding, jet-ski rides, banana rides, and stand up paddleboarding
Have you visited the best beach in Mumbai yet? Have you checked the beaches around Mumbai? If, no, then take out time from your busy schedule and try the beaches we have mentioned above. Also, share your experience and let us know how to feel about it, in the comment section below.