Bangalore is currently one of the hottest employment destinations in India owing to its infrastructural/technological/educational evolution over the last couple of decades. As such, it is home to millions of working youngsters and families who take undue pride in relishing the happening nightlife scene in Bangalore. Party-hoppers often remark that one hasn’t lived well if one hasn’t partied well – an apt way of describing Bangalore nightlife.
But that’s just one of the many activities you can do in Bangalore on any given night. In case you’re looking for an extensive Bangalore nightlife guide, look no further. This is a list of prominent hangout spots/locations where you can witness the fun side of the city. Say goodbye to uneventful weekend nights henceforth!
Bangalore Nightlife Guide
For the Foodie in You
1. Rasta Cafe
A pretty long drive (about 50 km) into the outskirts of the city on Mysore Road will lead you to one of the most popular night destinations known as Rasta Cafe.
The place is famous for being open for nearly 20 hours of the day. It presents guests with a comfortably cozy ambiance. While here, you can play video-games, conduct birthday parties or just lay back and enjoy your mocha latte with some sinful treats.
The Barbeque Chicken burger, Jamaican jerk chicken, and Peri-peri fries are must-eats.
- Getting there: Bangalore – Mysore Road, Mayaganahalli, Ramanagara, Karnataka.
- Timings: 9 AM to 4 AM
For more cafes in Bangalore, read: 13 Best Cafes in Bangalore
2. Empire Hotel
They have been the go-to restaurant after a night of pub-hopping ever since we can remember. Providing mouth-watering dishes (mainly of Kerala, North Indian, and Arabian cuisine) at affordable prices, Empire still manages to draw hordes of late-night customers.
With 18 branches scattered across the city, Empire efficiently caters to the foodie crowd of Bangalore.
- Getting there: Outlets at Brigade, HSR, Bellandur, Koramangala, Infantry Road and many other places.
- Timings: Varies / usually 12 noon to 1 AM
3. Corner House
Even with a multitude of dessert places having opened up in the city, Corner House has continued to be Bangalore’s favorite spot for ice-creams and sundaes (especially post-dinner).
Staying open till 11 30 PM, the hits here include Death By Chocolate, Chocolate Mousse, Hot Chocolate Fudge, Banana Split, Cashew Fudge, Almond Fudge, and Apple Pie.
- Getting there: 17 outlets located in Indiranagar, HSR, Marathahalli, Koramangala, New BEL Road and many other places.
- Timings: 11 AM to 11 30 PM
4. Karama Restaurant
Located on Mosque Road in Frazer Town, Karama restaurant is a place where you can expect to gorge on some Punjabi, Karachi and Arabic delights. Crowd favorites here include Lamb Chops, Veg Pulao, Butter Chicken, Tawa-fried Chicken, and Mutton Mandi.
The restaurant also features an all-day breakfast apart from the provision of a valet-parking facility.
- Getting there: 55, Mosque Rd, Cleveland Town, Pulikeshi Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Timings: 7 AM to 1 AM
You may also like: Amazing Street Food in Bangalore to Try
While Stoner primarily focuses on desserts, they also function as a cafe serving quick-eats such as pizzas and burgers.
Boasting an array of quirky dessert combos (such as Oreo Explosion, Crunchy Ferrero, and Chocolate Decadence), the large seating area makes it quite easy when it comes to dealing with huge crowds.
- Getting there: 4 outlets located at Koramangala 5th Block, Whitefield, Indiranagar, and Sarjapur Road.
- Timings: 11 30 AM to 1 AM
6. Richie Rich
Deemed an ideal spot to satiate your street-food, fast-food and dessert cravings, Richie Rich is famous for a variety of food and beverages.
We recommend Pav Bhaji, Vada Pav, Tawa Pulao, Chaats from the street-eats section and Hot Chocolate Fudge, Brownie, Chocolate Milkshake from the dessert/beverages section. You can also opt to be served directly to your vehicle if you’re visiting earlier than 8 PM.
- Getting there: 2 outlets located at Race Course Road & St. Marks Road respectively.
- Timings: 12 Midnight to 1 AM, 9 AM to 12 Midnight
For the Tippler in You
7. Big Pitcher
This one’s a microbrewery that spans four floors – one having a dedicated dance floor, one having a barbeque space, one a splendid-looking pub and a sky lounge on the top.
Featuring some great offers on buffets (varies each day) and alcohol, Big Pitcher has gradually grown into a youngster hotspot on weekends.
- Getting there: 4121, LR Arcade, HAL 2nd Stage, Ward 88, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Timings: 11 AM to 1 AM
Read about the 18 Famous Pubs in Bangalore To Visit.
8. The Druid Garden
A microbrewery deemed excellent for casual dining, The Druid Garden serves appetizers and main courses pertaining to the Continental, Asian, North Indian and Mediterranean cuisines along with their signature craft beers and cocktails.
The dishes recommended by top foodies include Seafood Ravioli, Chicken Tacos, and Tempura Prawns. Cozy rooftop atmosphere is yet another plus point.
- Getting there: 40/1 Century Corbel Commercial, 3rd floor, Sahakaranagar Main Road, Sahakaranagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Timings: 12 noon to 1 AM (on weekends) and 12 noon to 11 30 PM (on weekdays)
Also Check the hotels in bangalore
9. Barebones – The Balcony Bar
A dimly lit bar with a laid-back ambiance, Barebones is especially known for its 1 + 1 offer on shots between 9 PM and 10 PM (from Sunday to Thursday).
The recommended dishes here include Chicken Pizza, Chicken Cilantro, Peri Peri Potato Wedges, Cheese Corn Balls, Pasta and Onion Rings. Their drinks menu is quite extensive as well, with martinis, aperitifs, wines, cocktails, and mocktails.
- Getting there: 303, 100 Feet Road, Indiranagar II Stage, Stage 2, Hoysala Nagar, Indiranagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Timings: 11 30 AM to 1 AM
Yet another microbrewery that has become a Bangalorean favorite, Biergarten serves a wide variety of food and beverages. While the Sunday brunch, in particular, has its fair share of takers, Biergarten is also a buzzing spot for late night binge-and-guzzle with friends and loved ones.
Stouts, Craft Beers, and Hefeweizen are most-liked amongst the drinks while Lemon Spiced Chicken Tikka, Crispy Vegetable Cheese Burger, and Barbecued Tofu Bun are favorites amongst the food.
- Getting there: 2, Doddanakundi Industrial Area, Graphite India Main Road, Doddanekundi, Whitefield Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Timings: 12 noon to 12 midnight
You may also like: 16 Fun Dance Clubs in Bangalore
As the name suggests, this is the ideal space to get sloshed while simultaneously not burning a hole in your pocket. Previously known by the name ‘F Bar’, Hammered has gotten a spectacular makeover that’s sure to give a pleasant surprise to most guests.
With a wooden wall that screams the pub’s name out loud and comfortable seating, the arrangement of used alcohol bottles on the upper deck is certainly intriguing. The menu (for both food and beverages) is quite huge and never letting you run out of options.
- Getting there: No.18, Ali Asker Road, Off Next to Dolci Desserts, Cunningham Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Timings: 11 AM to 1 AM
12. Sotally Tober
This is indeed a bang-for-the-buck Koramangala pub featuring faintly lit interiors, paint-blotted walls, and uniquely shaped ceiling. The lighting here is a fantastic mix of mason jars and wine bottles.
A separate smoke-zone is present on the lower deck. Their Chicken Nachos and Barbeque Chicken Pizzas are known to go well with their Chocolate Martinis, Sangria, and mocktails.
- Getting there: 769, 80 Feet Rd, Koramangala 4th Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Timings: 12 noon to 11 30 PM on weekdays and 12 noon to 1 AM on weekends
You may also want to check out: 16 Dance Clubs in Bangalore to bop the night away
For the Road-tripper in You
13. NICE Road
The Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises Road (commonly called ‘NICE’ Road) is an important expressway that connects the cities of Bangalore and Mysore.
A stretch often taken by riders/motorists to test their vehicle’s top speeds and wheel resistances, NICE Road runs for nearly 110 kilometres.
Read about the Must-do Things in Bangalore at Night
14. Bangalore International Airport
Surprising as it may sound, the Bangalore International Airport is one of the most frequented late-night destinations for the city’s resident youngsters.
Involving a 40-50 kilometre ride/drive (depending on where your starting point is), the dhabas/cafes (such as the Indian Paratha Company) act as incredible halt-points on the way.
15. Nandi Hills
While the journey to Nandi Hills begins in the wee hours of the night, the entry to the hill summit opens its gates only by 5 AM. Savor the mist-filled breeze, the mostly empty roads and the crazy hairpin bends as you make your way to Nandi Hills.
Keep yourselves warm and occupied with hot beverages at “The Hills Drive Cafe”. Offering shisha as well, the cafe is a hidden gem located at the foot of the Nandi Hills.
- Distance from the city: Around 65 km
- Getting there: Via NH7 or SH9
For the Camper in You
Spend a night camping next to Manchanabele Arkavati River backwaters, located 40 km away from the city. Treat your ears to the pleasant din of the wind grazing through the water surface, the rustling of the leaves, and cool misty breeze.
Daytime activities include swimming and kayaking under an expert’s guidance. Add more charm to your trip by making a bonfire at night.
- Distance from the City: Around 40 km
- Getting there: Via NICE Bangalore-Mysore Expressway; via Mysore Road and NICE Bangalore-Mysore Expressway; via NH48
17. Bheemeshwari Adventure and Nature Camp
Situated on the banks of the river Kaveri, the camping spot is around 100 km away from Bangalore city. Providing consolation from the hustle and bustle of city life, Bheemeshwari camp is a fantastic blend of untamed adventure and tranquil nature.
You also get a chance to try out exciting adventure activities such as kayaking, rope-walking, and zip-lining apart from fishing and spotting wildlife.
- Distance from the City: Around 105 km
- Getting there: Via Kanakapura Road / via Mysore Road, NH275 and SH 94
For the Sports Aficionado in You
18. Xtreme Sports Bar
A regular spot to catch your live matches and events, Xtreme is quite famous for its extended happy hour offers (on weekdays).
Cricket, Football, Tennis, F1, and Mixed Martial Arts (like UFC) – every sport is screened and enjoyed by the guests with equal enthusiasm. Xtreme definitely calls for repeat-visits!
- Getting there: a) 765, 4th Floor, Above Tommy Hilfiger, HAL 2nd Stage, 100 Feet Road, Indiranagar, Bangalore <OR> b) 75, Play, Central Jail Road, Near Total Mall Sarjapur, Kasavanahalli, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore
- Timings: 12 noon to 11 PM on weekdays / 12 noon to 1 AM on weekends
19. Sports Bar & Lounge – Le Meridien
The place gets crowded on match night every single time.
While you’re here, give the Chocolate Shots which come with pepper vodka, Baileys Chocolate Liqueur, and the orange-flavored Grand Marnier a try. Their mango specialties offered during summer are a treat for your taste buds.
- Getting there: Le Meridien, 28, Sankey Road, Bangalore
- Timings: 11 AM to 11 30 PM on weekdays / 11 AM to 1 AM on weekends
20. Doffpub and Lounge
While there’s special ambiance here to speak of, Doffpub is considered an ideal spot to catch sporting events since it has TV screens everywhere and happy hours running until 8 PM.
During halftime recesses, you can even play a game of foosball with your buddies. Their menu is rather simple to comprehend – fries, peanuts, and jalapeno cheeseballs rule the roost!
- Getting there: 654, 2nd Floor, Navajyoti. Above BIBA, 100 Feet Road, Indiranagar, Bangalore
- Timings: 11 30 AM to 1 AM
21. Obsidian Sports And Music Bar
Everything about the place is bound to leave an impression – the fancy decor, the comfy seating and the downbeat ambiance. Order one of their signature pizzas to amp up your evening.
The major advantage it has over other sports bars in the city is that it doesn’t get that crowded (even on weekends). Therefore, you can watch your game in peace without battling over seats or orders.
- Getting there: Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, 115, Gokula Extension, HMT Road (Near BEL circle), New BEL Road, Bangalore
- Timings: 5 PM to 11:30 PM on weekdays / 5 PM to 1 AM on weekends
22. Puma Social Club
A sports bar, lounge, co-work space, and restaurant integrated into a single place – that’s Puma Social Club for you.
Plans could be varying. You might want to relax over a game of snooker/pool or card games or have a satisfying dinner with your gang of friends. In some cases, it could even be catching a late night game or discussing sports-related matters. Whatever the night calls for, Puma Social Club is where you need to be heading.
- Getting there: 777-H, Above PUMA Sustainable Store, HAL 2nd Stage, 100 Feet Road, Indiranagar, Bangalore
- Timings: 11 30 AM to 12 30 AM
23. Bowling at BluO
Regarded as India’s largest bowling destination, the concept followed at BluO is a blend of bowling, gaming, music, and dining.
While experienced players can head straight to the alley and knock down a few pins, amateurs can get trained under coaches who’ve been stationed to oversee the players. During recesses, enjoy finger-licking short-eats and wash them down with beverages.
- Getting there: 26/1, 4th Floor, Orion Mall, Dr. Rajkumar Road, Malleswaram, Rajajinagar, Bangalore
- Timings: 10 30 AM to 11 PM
24. Bowling at Amoeba
A game arcade, a sports bar, a pool table all at a single spot – Amoeba manages to overwhelm you in more ways than one.
Whether it be for an exciting session of bowling where you get to challenge a friend or two, the pocket-friendly options here are sure to find plenty of takers.
- Getting there: Ascendas Park Square, Third Floor, ITPL, Whitefield, Bangalore
- Timings: 11 AM to 11 PM
For the Movie Buff in You
25. Moonlit Cinemas, Palace Grounds
Enjoy watching a movie outdoors in a serene ambiance filled with lush patches of green, and accompanied by food and friends. You’ll be required to make reservations in advance to avail this experience though.
The drive to the spot should kick things off for you and your companion (as it is a couple-friendly spot). Chill yourselves out on bean bags, beds or sofas. Enjoy a lovely, romantic dinner under the stars as the action unfolds on a widescreen.
- Frequency: As per announcement (with varying ticket prices based on seating choice)
This Bangalore nightlife guide will come in handy the next time you are visiting the city or have already moved here. Let us know if you have clues to more exciting idea Bangalore nightlife destinations by leaving comments in the feedback box given below!