Displaying the chivalry of Indian history and ancient culture, Delhi is famous for one more happening aspect. Yes!! The national capital of India is a ‘foodie paradise’ owing to some delicate and spectacular street food in particular. Street food in Delhi is of course not a new buzz; the same has been recognised as one of the prime attractions in Delhi.
A vacation in Delhi is incomplete without hitting the streets and trying out its rich and varied cuisines. Let’s go through some of the popular dishes included in the list of best street food in Delhi.
25 Top of the List Street Food Picks in Delhi!
1. Chole Bhature
The first place that comes to our minds after coming across the above dish is Delhi. Delhi is the apt place to get a taste from. Perhaps, the best street food in Delhi; this dish is known for its fluffy Bhature and an appetizing Chole. There is a special chutney that these vendors tend to offer which makes it even better.
- The best place to try– Giani di Hatti in Chandni Chowk, Nand Ke Chole Bhature in Sadar Bazaar, Chache di Hatti.
While in Delhi; how one can miss out to try the special Panipuri or Golgappe? With diverse forms, this dish is loved by almost all the patrons and the locals. You can go for stuffed Panipuri, different water flavours, an extra piece of papdi dipped in curd and chutney to give some extra pinch to your taste.
- The best place to try– Rajouri Garden, Lajpat Nagar Market.
3. Poori Aloo
One of the traditional dishes in India, Poori Aloo in Delhi is the best thing to enjoy at various famous stopovers. With different spices, this dish has created another surge of reforms.
- The best place to try– Chaina Ram in Chandni Chowk, Karol Bagh Market.
No matter at which shop you try rolls in Delhi, it will give you a lifetime experience. Each vendor tries its own stuffing recipe which allows the patrons to get diverse tastes. You can go for Paneer Rolls, Chicken Rolls Mix Veg Rolls, Manchurian Rolls and so forth.
- The best place to try– Taste drive at Rajouri Garden, Kahn Chacha, Chowrangee lane, Local Joints in Kamla Nagar Market, Satya Niketan.
5. Bishan Swaroop Chaat
A perfect blend of health and taste, Bishan Swaroop Chaat is one of the prime locations in Delhi to throng to. With some additions to the base, this chaat is made with seasonal fruits and channa toppings.
- The best place to try– There is only one shop in Chandni Chowk.
Kulfi is something which gets a positive response from everyone going out to have a superb dessert. The flavour and taste together make way for this delicious dish carrying caramelized milk and finely crushed granules of dry fruits.
- The best place to try– Roshan di Kulfi in Karol Bagh, Kuremal at Chawri Bazaar.
7. Aloo Chaat
A mouthwatering street food in Delhi, Aloo Chaat is an apt pick for spending a delicious time with your loved ones. Diced fruits added to this dish make it a complete food for the foodies.
- The best place to try– Taram Bazaar in Chandni Chowk, UPSC Bhawan.
8. Ram Ladoo
Ram Ladoo is basically fried small pakoras stuffed with potato or dal that is sufficient to make any event a happening one. The crispiness of these fried balls with the taste of chutney is all that you want for a memorable getaway.
- The best place to try– Local Vendors at Janak Puri, Green Park and Tilak Nagar.
9. Rabri Faluda
A unique taste immersed in the rich blend of coconut, dry fruits and faluda milk; Rabri Faluda is a superb affair to ask for. This dish is very popular among the Delhi residents and they hit the road every day for this particular dessert.
- The best place to try– Giani di hatti in Chandni Chowk
With over 25 different varieties of Kebabs ruling the Delhi street foods, this dish will give you the best reminder of the Mughal era. It includes Kakori Kebab, Shami Kebab, Galouti Kebab and much more.
- The best place to try– Chawla’s at Tilak Nagar, Vasant Place Market.
A healthy splash of butter with diverse stuffing, Paratha over the years has become the best pick for breakfast. This street food in Delhi can be eaten at any time without much fuss.
- The best place to try– Parathe Wali Gali, Moolchand ke Parathe, Kakke di Hatti.
12. Aloo Tikki
Stuffed with mashed potatoes and spring onions, Aloo Tikki is an excellent option to try on the streets of Delhi. You can choose different chutneys to make it go as per your taste for satisfying your inner foodie.
- The best place to try– Natraj in Chandni Chowk, Atul Chaat Corner in Rajouri Garden.
13. Multani Moth Kachori
A mix of rice, lentils and onions decorated with a well-fried kachori is a must try in Delhi. Different chutneys with a chaat masala mixed curd will make you just awe – inspiring.
- The best place to try– Moth Kachori Bhandar in Paharganj, Chandni Chowk.
How can one ignore the unique shaped sugary sweetness of Jalebi in Delhi? With a large number of shops offering different varieties of Jalebi, this dish has become the perfect sweet dish for the Delhi residents and tourists. You can go for Doodh Jalebi, Kesar Jalebi, Jalebi Subzi and much more.
- The best place to try– Jalebi Wala in Chandi Chowk, Bangla Sweets in CP, Pandara Road.
With different veggies immersing in Besan to go out for a deep fry, this street food offers sumptuous fore deals to the people opting for this. The best food for enjoying the monsoons is Pakodas from the famous street shops in Delhi.
- The best place to try– Gol Market, Kamla Nagar, Sarojini Nagar.
16. Nan Khatai
Baked in front of your eyes, Nan Khatai in Delhi is a famous food to opt out for. The crisp and taste of butter will leave a lingering taste in your mouth as you take the first bite of it.
- The best place to try– Local Vendors in the famous markets are carrying this masterpiece.
17. Street Burger
You might have visited Mc Donalds and other branded affairs for a burger, but the taste you will get at a street corner in Delhi is unmatchable. Embedded with well-fried tikkis, these buns are really mouth -watering.
- The best place to try– At any burger cart located in the Delhi markets.
18. Bhel Puri
Adorned with a number of flavours; Bhel Puri on the streets of Delhi offers an exquisite taste to the travellers. The tangy twist captioned with the crisp mixture is really delicious to eat.
- The best place to try– Bhajan Lal Bhelpuri at Sundar Nagar, Connaught Place.
19. Besan ka Chilla
Gram Flour is a prime ingredient in most of the tasty street food in Delhi. In this case, a thin layer of gram flour is stuffed with finely chopped veggies and cheese. It gives you a real taste of being in Delhi.
- The best place to try– Sitaram Bazaar in Chandni Chowk.
20. Chana Zor Garam
This food is a combination of taste and hygiene and is loved by everyone residing in and around the National Capital. The crisp flavour and the spicy touch just say it all.
- The best place to try– There are a large number of vendors on every nook and corner of Delhi to give you the best taste ever.
21. Dahi Bhalle
The mix of curd along with red and green chutneys is a superb delight to experience on the streets of Delhi. The sprinkle of aloo bhujia intensifies this taste furthermore.
- The best place to try– Natraj in Chandni Chowk, Shyam ji Corner at Old Delhi Road, Rajouri Market.
22. Samosa Chaat
The preparation of this particular street food will leave your mouth to crave for more. A samosa prepared with chole and tangy taste of chutneys is the best thing one can ask for.
- The best place to try– Tilak Munjal in Pitampura Chandni Chowk eateries, CR Park.
23. Chole Kulche
Boiled Chole prepared with fresh tomatoes, onions and lemon along with a kulcha fried in butter are just exquisite to try for. The roadside eateries in Delhi offer this food in a unique way.
- The best place to try– Near Tip top Market in Karol Bagh, UPSC Bhawan, Yadav’s Chole Kulche at Saket.
24. Chicken Shawarma
An exotic dish is making the headlines since a very long period of time. Chicken Shawarma has shreds of meat fried in different spices and tomatoes.
- The best place to try– Shish Shawarma point in Karol Bagh.
25. Raj Kachori
A single dish capable to satisfy your hunger is what Raj Kachori is known for. Stuffed with oiled channa and crisp namkeen, this is an authentic food to give a try for sure.
- The best place to try– Haldirams in Chandni Chowk, Lajpat Nagar, and Connaught Place.
The above list is incomplete without your experience. You all must have visited Delhi at one time or the other. If yes!! Do let us know in our comments section below. Any suggestions and alterations are appreciated from our side.