The National Capital of India is known for going through a wide range of weather conditions within a year’s span. Every season is at its best in Delhi and welcomes chunks of tourists from all around the world. Delhi is a travel hub for all the patrons owing to its own monumental history and a one-stop destination for all other nearby destinations. There are innumerable places to visit near Delhi in summer.
To be peculiar about the seasons, summers in Delhi implies singing warmth which eventually makes it difficult to spend the time in a serene way. These aspects push the locals to plan out a vacation to some good places to visit near Delhi in summer. The connectivity of these places from the national capital is very good.
Let’s feature out some of these places to get a better idea as to where you should spend your summers if you are in Delhi.
List of Places Near Delhi to Visit During the Summer
An irresistible tourist destination, Manali has got tremendous things to offer to the tourists in the summer season in particular. The beautiful landscapes and a serene atmosphere provide calm and will ease off your routine pressure. This place is also known as a perfect place for the adventure lovers; trekking and rock climbing is very famous over here. An undeniable choice among the places to visit near Delhi in summer.
- Distance– Manali is 520 km from Delhi via NH44
- Things to do– Nature walk, trekking, temple visits etc.
- Places to visit– Rohtang Pass, Tibetan Monasteries, Beas Kund
Located amidst the lush green forests and beautiful hills, Shimla is one of the major tourist destinations near Delhi. This place is often referred to as the summer capital of India due to its pleasant weather at this time. It is a vibrant place to enjoy the nature at its best. The breezy winds and the snowfall captivate everyone’s heart. It is a perfect choice among the places to visit near Delhi in summer.
- Distance– Shimla is located at a distance of 340 km from Delhi through NH44 and NH5
- Things to do– Mountaineering, ridge walk, hiking and trekking
- Places to visit– Mall Road, Christ Church, Kufri, Green Valley and so forth
Located at a height of 1900 metres from the sea level, Mussoorie with the time has become a paradise destination for the travel junkies. This magnificent hill station serves as a gateway to the glaciers of Yamunotri and Gangotri; thus becoming an ideal place to spend summer vacations near Delhi.
- Distance– This place is 300 km from Delhi via NH 334
- Things to do– Admiring the landscapes, Sightseeing
- Places to visit– Kempty Falls, Company Garden etc.
From the hustle and bustle of cities, Nainital is a perfect getaway to enjoy the ambience of nature. This place derived its name from the emerald, glassy lake across which the town is built along. Resting in the arms of the lofty hills, Nainital is a splendid place depicting a divine manifestation.
- Distance– Nainital is 301 km from Delhi via NH9
- Things to do– Bird Watching, Weekend camping, outing in a forest
- Places to visit– Snow View Point, Jim Corbett National Park
At an elevation of 1427 feet above sea level, Dehradun is one of the quaintest hill stations near Delhi. Pleasant weather conditions and the green-caped hillocks allure plenty of tourists every year in summers particularly.
Distance– Dehradun is 235 km from Delhi
Things to do– Trekking, Wildlife tours, Ice skating
Places to visit– Wadia Institute, Rajaji National Park, Tapovan
The oak and lush pine forests further intensify the beauty of Lansdowne that was once a cantonment area. The most opted picturesque hill stations near Delhi, this place offers a rejuvenating experience to all the travellers through its extensive beauty and splendour.
- Distance– This landmark is located at a distance of 246 km from Delhi
- Things to do– Mountaineering, bird watching, trekking
- Places to visit– Tip and top point, war memorial, viewing the Himalayas
The evergreen green forests and the scenic landscapes are what Nahan is known for. It is remote hill station in Himachal Pradesh and is naturally adorned with alluring lakes and awesome weather conditions.
- Distance– Nahan is 260 km from Delhi
- Things to do– Wildlife tours, temple visits, rock climbing
- Places to Visit– Dhaula Kuan, Rajgarh, Paonta Sahib
Located at the state border of Himachal and Haryana, Parwanoo is a magnificent tourist destination at the lower base of Shivalik ranges. Known as the largest fruit processing unit in the country, this place offers great warmth and hospitality to the visitors.
- Distance– Parwanoo lies at a distance of 270 km from Delhi
- Things to do– Cable car riding, trekking, sightseeing
- Places to visit– Kasauli, Pinjore, Dagshai
With the headquarters of Central Tibetan Administration, Dharamshala is said to be one of the prime attractions to be visited near Delhi in summers. The serenity and unbeatable climatic conditions are some of the reasons why tourists throng this place in summers.
- Distance– Dharamshala is 470 km from Delhi via NH 44
- Things to do– Shopping, temple visit, trekking, camping
- Places to visit– Dal Lake, Kangra Fort, Dalai Lama Temple Complex
This place derived its name from the seven lakes present over here at an average altitude of 1360 metres. Sattal is a peaceful retreat to beat the summers in Delhi. The grandeur of nature offers you picturesque water bodies and gorgeous forests. Sattal totally deserves to be a part of the places to visit near Delhi in summer.
- Distance– Sattal is 280 km from Delhi
- Things to do– Boating, sightseeing
- Places to visit– The 7 lakes present at this place
Located in the state of Uttarakhand, Kanatal is known for its pristine beauty and stunning views of the Himalayas per se. The place is also known as a hidden valley which promises an amazing experience to the patrons.
- Distance– Kanatal is 300 km from Delhi
- Things to do– Adventure camping, trekking
- Places to visit– Shiv Puri, Kodia Forest, Tehri Dam
Depicting ancient India through its majestic views of oak, pine and chestnut groves, Kasauli attracts chunks of travellers every year to throng this place. At a height of 6100 metres above sea level, this place provides an ambient way of enjoying your vacation.
- Distance– Kasauli is just 300 km from Delhi
- Things to do– Paragliding, Nature Walks, camping, trekking
- Places to visit– Baptist Church, Sunset point, Christ Church
Known as one of the largest lakes in the state of Uttarakhand, Bhimtal is a serene place to enjoy and get away from the hot summers of Delhi. This place is surrounded by forests which provide an immense feeling of tranquillity and surreal beauty.
- Distance– Bhimtal is 305 km from Delhi
- Things to do– Boating and Jungle walking
- Places to visit– Nainital, Bhimtal lake
You can enjoy some quality time at this place owing to its pretty landscape picture and a composed atmosphere. This place is an apt place for the adventure lovers who want to take on short trekking practice. It is undoubtedly one of the top places to visit near Delhi in summer.
- Distance– This particular place is 313 km from Delhi
- Things to do– Sightseeing, Shopping, Trekking
- Places to visit– Orchids, Lakes
Known as the Queens Land, Ranikhet, as the name suggests, is a beautiful hill station in Uttarakhand. At an elevation of 1869 feet above sea level, you can experience the magnificent views of the great Himalayas from here. There is a number of species of flora and fauna over here.
- Distance– Ranikhet is 340 km away from Delhi
- Things to do– Trekking, fishing, nature walk
- Places to visit– Rani Jheel, Army Museum, Rama Mandir
Perhaps the most famous hill station in India, Chail is the home to the highest cricket ground in the world. This place was once called as the summer capital of this country owing to its misty views and a commendable weather.
- Distance– Chail is 345 km away from Delhi
- Things to do– Outdoor activities, sightseeing
- Places to visit– Chail Sanctuary, Cricket Ground
Kumaoni Hills in Uttarakhand is known for hosting Mukteshwar, a splendid hill station in the lap of nature. Apples, plums and apricots are what this place is famous for. The deodar forests offer an unforgettable vacation at this place. This is one the best places to visit near Delhi in summer.
- Distance– This place lies at a distance of 341 km from Delhi
- Things to do– Climbing, Rappelling, Forest Walk
- Places to visit– Mukteshwar Dham, IVRI
At an elevation of 1651 metres, Almora is one of the oldest hill stations near the national capital of India. This ambience place offers a brilliant view of the Himalayas through its peace and serene atmosphere.
- Distance– Almora is 348 km from Delhi
- Things to do– Trekking, sightseeing, nature walks
- Places to visit– Lal Bazaar, Temple, Museum
Passing through the Moradabad bypass you will find a one-stop destination for your vacation, Munsiyari. The looming and majestic peaks in the entire town will leave you spellbound. This place is often called as the heaven of greens.
- Distance– Munsiyari is 580 km from the national capital of India.
- Things to do– Trekking is the best option
- Places to visit– Birthi Falls, Maheshwari Kund
The longest cable car ride in Asia is located in the hill station called as Auli. At an elevation of 3049 metres, this place is covered by the oak forest ranges and equips us with lifetime memories. The snow-capped slopes are really admiring per se.
- Distance– This place is 500 km from Delhi
- Things to do– Skiing, Cable car riding, trekking
- Places to visit– Tapova, Vishnu Prayag, Joshimath
The lofty mountains allure chunks of patrons every year in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Chamba dates back to the 2nd century and till date, it is known as one of the best escapes near the national capital.
- Distance– Chamba is 570 km from Delhi
- Things to do– Trekking, rafting, cultural tours
- Places to visit– Rang Mahal, Saho
Preserving the old world charm and appeal, Dalhousie is often known as the Switzerland of India. The mesmerising beauty and the beautiful hillocks are the highlights of this place. Numerous tourists throng this place every year due to its unique weather conditions.Do not forget to count this among the places to visit near Delhi in summer.
- Distance– This place is 560 km from Delhi
- Things to do– Lake visits, trekking
- Places to visit– Bakrota Hills, Subhash Baoli
Places to visit near Delhi in summer season might have reminded you of your own personal experience. We would like to hear from you in the comments section below. Also, let us know if anything is missing in the above list.